Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Dave & Mel: Allure of the Seas - Good and Bad

Dave & Mel
0 Post

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure of the Seas - Good and Bad

Sail Date: July 2014

Let me start with the positives, first the ship is beautiful! There were 6300 passengers on board, but I never felt crowded. The lines were few and short. The entertainment was the best I have ever seen on a ship. Don't miss Chicago or the water show, they were both outstanding! Our stateroom was small but nice. The balcony was very nice, a good size. We had to ask for ice, bathroom amities and robes. Our room steward (Sam) told us that you now have to request these items. All of the requested items were in our room after he completed his night turn down. Sam kept our ice full and was very quick cleaning our room. Excellent service!

Now for the bad. Our waiter said that he worked for the company for 18 years. He did not know what the items on the menu were. We asked about a veg that looked and tasted like a carrot, but was a little sweeter and white. Rolando kept telling us that they were sweet potatoes. Even when we had sweet potatoes he still insisted that they were also More sweet potatoes. Our assistant waiter over heard us asking and went and found out what they were and whispered it to us when Rolando was not there. Also, on the last night my wife and I both ordered the same dessert. When he set the desserts down in front of us, they looked different. My wife's was rectangle and had a bottom crust. Mine did not have a crust, wiggled like jello, and was a series of round pools with a chocolate chip in the center of each. They not only looked different, they had different textures and taste. But Rolando insisted that they were the same thing.

In the casino, the hostess was so load over the PA system, that one could not talk to each other at the table. We had to yell so the dealer could hear us. During the slot tournaments she talked from the time she announced them, all during the instructions to the players and throughout the tournament. we complained to the dealer who called over the pit boss. They both agreed that it was load and very annoying, but they could not do anything about it.

The last thing is the dress code in the MDR. They say that shorts and flip flops are not recommended. I really don't care what people wear to dinner, but if you are going to put out guide lines, then they should enforce them. Just around our table, one man wore gym shorts and tee shirts with flip flops every night (except formal nights, he did not show up), one table had three girls who wore very short cut off jeans each night. I would guess that at least 15% of the men wore shorts. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas 11620

Small but nice. The balcony was very nice, a good size. We had to ask for ice, bathroom amities and robes. Our room steward (Sam) told us that you now have to request these items. All of the requested items were in our room after he completed his night turn down. Sam kept our ice full and was very quick cleaning our room.