Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by eisens: Had a Great Time

Had a Great Time

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Just returned from a 3 day trip to the Bahama on the Enchantment of the Seas. This was our first RCI cruise, and only our second cruise ever.

I took my 15 year old son. He was too young to remember the earlier cruise so I had concerns that he'd enjoy it and find enough to do. He had a great time!

I decided to park at the Radisson (it was between them and the Park n Cruise). We made the mistake of going to the hotel, being directed WAY to the back, walking a mile to the lobby -- only to find out they moved non-hotel guest parking across the street! We had to schlep back to the car and drive to a not well marked building (looks like a 2 story office building) to park. But once we straighted that out the foks there were nice (I'd made a reservation -- $7.99 a day versus 8.99 if you just show up).

We got to the ship around 11:30 on Friday morning and getting through embarcation was pretty quick. I'd neglected to get my son a soda card but there was a table right More as we got onto the ship and I bought it right away. They put a sticker on his Sign & Sail card so if he forgot the cup he could get soda at any of the bars.

We checked out the ship and lunched at Windjammers. Food was OK if not a little fancy. It would be nice if they had some "plain" food. ;)

DS went off to explore the ship. He found Fuel (the teen club) and made some new friends. There seemed to be a lot of family reunions going on so there were a lot of younger people. Lots of foreigners too (which I liked -- the diversity of seeing people speak Chinese, Indian and so on).

I discovered the Solarium (which I loved -- it was my favorite hangout on ship). My son loved the hot tubs which he and his friends spent a lot of time enjoying.

I had booked an inside room. My one and only other cruise I had 2 adjoining balconies so I wondered how much I'd hate the inside room. Surprise, surprise -- it was very nice! A bit bigger than I expected! No fridge or couch, but an attractive cabin (4555). The problems came later when we not only had really loud neighbors -- but a lot of loud noise from the floor above (casino) -- usually in the wee hours when I expect they were cleaning. We didn't let it bother us, though. Life is what you make of it and a little noise was not that big a deal to us.

That night we dined alone in My Fair Lady -- and got a lovely table right on the water. The waiters were nice, but we did seem a bit rushed (food came flying out the kitchen at us). That was the only dinner we had there. . .

That night they had a movie on the big screen by the pool. I also went up to Deck 10 (top deck) and sat at the bow just watching the ship sail through the waves. Lovely.

I also went to the Orpheum and saw the comedian who was pretty funny. . .

Saturday morning we had breakfast in MFL. Thanks to CC I knew I could order Eggs Benedict. I started a trend as everyone at the table then ordered them, too! :o We had a British family and some ladies from Nicaragua (diversity!). Lovely people all. My son ate 5 rolls, all the butter and half slept through breakfast having stayed up late with his new friends.

We got to Nassau at noon on Saturday. We ate in Windjammer and then left to explore. We hadn't booked an excursion (DS wanted to wng it). I wanted to book snorkeling for him, but instead we spent time at the beach, found a local bar who directed us to "Fish Fry" for some truly native cuisine. We met a local "hawker" who was very sweet and showed us around (no charge!). He took us up this HUGE hill to Fort Charlotte (1749). I thought I was gonna die from the walk but my son loved it.

We came back fairly early and collapsed! :p

My one complaint is that everytime I wanted to eat something in the evening the Windjammer was closed. Very annoying! They shifted us off the Park Cafe near the Solarium which didn't have much of a selection. I didn't want to do the formal dinner, just grab a bite and that was disappointing.

Sunday we were in Coco Cay. It was nice. DS got a kayak and swam a lot. We were both pretty tired so we only stayed there about 3-4 hours. It did seem like they were worse for charging for everything than they had been in Nassau!

Sunday we ordered room service (yes Windjammer was closed AGAIN). My son ordered 3 pizzas. I ordered a steak sandwich. You would not believe the number of trays they delivered! :eek:

I went to the late show (the blue show -- it wasn't that bad). A very drunk woman in the audience heckled the comedian but he dealt with her very well. It was fun.

Oh -- I also spent a little bit of time in the casino, but the smoke got to me. I broke even so not bad!

My son absolutely loved the trip. He explored a lot of the ship on his own, finding nooks and crannies. He said all the staff was really nice to him. He went to a dance at Fuel, played some of the arcade games -- but mostly he had fun doing his own thing.

I was pleasantly surprised with Enchantment. I was a bit worried as she is an older ship and doing these short runs -- but we really had a wonderful time. I'd said her again in a heartbeat. . .

And I joined the Crown and Anchor Club!! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas 4555

This is an inside cabin halfway between two sets of elevators. The room itself was attractive. We had two twin beds and a chair (no room for a couch). No refigerator either. This must be an older room as it still has the shower curtain.Unfortunately the room was noisy. Our neighbors were loud (there was an adjoining door so perhaps that is why). We also got a ton of noise very late at night (4:00 a.m.) -- I think from them cleaning the casino. I don't really know what the noise was. . .The room was a little musty at times -- I had brought Febreeze just in case and I did use it. Now i don't want you to think this was a horrible cabin -- it wasn't. We had a thoroughly good time and didn't let a bit of noise ruin our fun.