Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by LB Cruiser: Sunny Summer Cruise on the Vision

LB Cruiser
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Sunny Summer Cruise on the Vision

Sail Date: July 2014

Our four-night Western Caribbean cruise aboard the beautiful Vision of the Seas began with a cross-country flight from California and a two-night stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

We flew on Jet Blue from LAX to FLL (love that leg room). We landed in Florida right in the middle of a huge storm! After getting our bags we took a cab to our hotel, Il Lugano. I booked this place after reading great reviews about it. The stay was not so great for us. We were given a room right next to the most inconsiderate and loud “guests” ever. We were kept awake from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. the first night with yelling and screaming and music blasting next door! I called down to the desk twice before the noise stopped and we were able to get some sleep. I would not recommend this hotel. The walls are thin; noise travels between rooms and if you value sleep this place is not for you.

The morning of our cruise we checked out of the hotel and headed over to the port about 11:00 a.m. More When we arrived we gave our bags to a porter and we were off to check in. The check in process was quick and painless and we were on the ship in about fifteen minutes.

The vision of the Seas is a beautiful ship! I was last on her a few years ago before her make over. I think she looks better than ever! Everything is modern and new. We got our first drink in the R Bar and we were in full vacation mode! We purchased the top tier drink package for this cruise and it was great! We always had great drink service.

The food and service on the Vision were outstanding with only a few exceptions. We had dinner in both Chops and G’s Table and had delicious meals. The service in the main dining room was great as well. The only issue with food on the Vision was that it was sometimes hard to get. If we wanted a snack at times it seemed as if there were not many options available to passengers. The pool buffet had limited hours, as did the Park Café. I wish there was a true 24-hour dinning option on this ship. We did order room service a few times and each time our order was late and the food was cold when it arrived.

During our time ashore I booked a beach day at Nachi and we had a blast! We could not have asked for a better day, great weather, a great beach and great service.

Back on board the shows and activities kept us entertained while at sea. I loved that this cruise had two sea days! We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony watching the blue ocean! Our cabin was great with one exception. The bed was very uncomfortable! It was both too firm and uneven. My back could have used a better bed. Our room attendant was outstanding! We asked him for both ice and shampoo at the start and we were fully stocked all cruise.

We had a great time on our short Vision cruise! We were sad to leave her at the end. When we got back to Ft. Lauderdale we had breakfast and were off the ship by 10:00 a.m. Then it was off to the airport for the flight back to real life. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Vision of the Seas 7040

Great cabin in terms of location. Bed needs to be replaced.