Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by cuan1: 'Modern Luxury', '5 star'. Celebrity most defiantly is NOT

cuan1
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

'Modern Luxury', '5 star'. Celebrity most defiantly is NOT

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Harwich

It was very clear from day on on our dated and untidy ship, that money was needed to be spend on maintenance of many area, from the seating at the pool to the carpets and buttons in the lifts. We felt that perhaps this was an older ship so hey, let's not get excited with that.

It was what happened every where else that was concerning me. The staff were not happy at all. I saw on three separate occasions staff fighting or having grievance with each other in public. I did bring this to the attention to guest relations. They did not seem interested and did not follow anything up. This continued throughout cruise, from during the art auction to the bar staff. After my other 12 cruises, I had not seen such behaviour before.

The ship is understaffed. Infinity is the hardest ship I have been on to be served a drink. Every bar expects you to go and get it yourself. Usually each dat there is one drinks waiter in each bar, when it is clear there should be four or five. This is More not modern luxury, surely. We were being entertained in bars, with bars not even serving drinks. Celebrity was losing a fortune on drink revenue.

In the whole ship, there were only three activities staff. This again was badly understaffed and the program suffered. By the end of the cruise everyone was talking about the disappointment they were experiencing with Celebrity.

The state room steward was excellent and so was the attitude and friendliness of the other cleaning staff on the ship.

On board singers and dancers were excellent and about the best I have seen on any cruise ship. The fly in performers were very ordinary, apart from the magician who was brilliant.

I think Celebrity has lost it, probably trying to price the cruises very competitively. Standards have slipped drastically in my opinion. I have traveled with 5* Cunard, 4* Royal Caribbean and 3* Thomson. I would put my Infinity experience as a 2* in comparison. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>