Island Escape Cruise Review by nurses49: disappointed

disappointed

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

I have just returned from my first cruise. I chose Thomson as it was all inclusive. My first impression of the ship was disappointing. Overall this ship badly needs updating with furniture, fittings and cabin decor. The bar area looked just like a working mens club, it also smelt of stale cigarettes from the days when smoking was allowed. The pool area was badly managed. Despite notices around the poolside stating no jumping or diving the young teenagers on this trip ignored all efforts by myself to stop this and the staff did nothing to adhere to this request. It was stated in the daily info adult swim time from 4-5pm. the staff did nothing to adhere to this and allowed the teenagers etc to carry on using the pool for their antics. Needless to say the parents did nothing to control their children. There was never enough sun beds to cater for all the guests and as the ship was full I was hard pressed to find any seating during the first day at sea. On the positive side the indonesian More staff were brilliant and very efficient. The food was plentiful if not a bit samey. I ate in the alacarte restaurant and for an extra £15 it was well worth it, especially to enjoy waiter service.

Overall a disppointing introduction to cruising. In future I will save up and cruise on a well respected and upgraded cruise line where I can enjoy 5 star treatment in 5 star surroundings. Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: Island Escape 4524

The cabin looked dated. The bed linen was a miserable beige colour. With a little thought the cabin could look alot more cheerful.