Coral Princess Cruise Review by Awhitey7: Princess has gone downhill

Princess has gone downhill

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Whittier

I am so disappointed to see what has happened to Princess. This was my 12th cruise, and 7th with Princess. It is not the same.

Here you have it: Dining - anytime dining apparently does not mean ANYtime dining as 2 nights we were given a pager to wait for a table. On 3 separate breakfast / lunch occasions the horizon Court was completely full and there was nowhere to sit. The food was the worst I have ever experienced on a cruise and variety lacked, esp if you wanted fruits and vegetables. And if you like decent white wine this cruise is not for you - I have never seen a more pathetic wine list (best bottle a $40 Chardonnay).

Stateroom - the furnishings and size of the balcony rooms are nice and accommodating, but shampoo is horrendous (listen to me when I tell you it's worth it to bring your own) and towels are terrible.

Playroom was pretty lame for our 3 year old boy - virtually no cars, trains, or trucks anywhere. Very few toys he was interested in. More

Staff seems tired. Princess needs some new management. Good luck. Less