Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by duncanmac1961: One wonderful big ship

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

One wonderful big ship

Sail Date: July 2014

Just returned from the Western Caribbean cruise and we had a great time. {Single Dad and three teenage boys -- second cruise, first with RC} --- Stayed in two rooms, one ocean balcony [ 7190] , across hall interior with fixed window view of Promenade [7187]. -- A few thoughts ........

Rooms --- my room was at point in ship where it started to widen, so view from balcony forward is better. Childrens room view was not worth it. Kept window shades pulled all time, had no interest in viewing "action" while dressing or sleeping. If you can budget it, go for the ocean balcony!

Size--- As many people have said,ship never feels crowded. Yes, on days at sea the pool areas are crowded ( and you got to love the people that reserve chairs and then never show!!!), but not anymore than to be expected. With multiple pools....adult areas...kiddie areas.... shady areas....not a problem to find a chair somewhere ( especially Adult only areas).

Waiting for food only at main More breakfast buffet -- "Windjammer Marketplace" -- at Sea days mid morning maybe a 10 mins wait. You can go to main dining hall "Opus Dining Room" as another buffet option. Overall food, fine. I am not a foodie. Opus dining rooms (yes massive....three stories) good selection, though we chose to skip formal nights and eat at Windjammer buffet as many other families did.

Specialty restaurant -- Chops -- upcharge of $ 30--35 each. I would pass next time. Steak was good... white glove service...but...its not Ruth Chris' by any means.

Things to do..... just slightly overwhelming. From the too small Comedy Club, to the Ice Skating shows ( Studio B),numerous bar themes ( Latin, Jazz, Disco, Sports, etc), movies... MUST SEE: the Quest ...a hilarious guest interactive "game show" at end of cruise!

Drink Package -- I went for the Ultimate. I wanted to know what my cost were up front. I order a Daiquiri, it melts as I read....no problem... get another one. Want to try the fun looking pina colada in a pineapple with the festive umbrella... do it. At night I had double crown royals, just to keep me from returning to the bar so much. SUGGESTION -- as turn in for the night, stop by any bar and ask for TWO bottled waters....it is included.

Ports of Call --- Labordee... really a RC owned smaller peninsula. We did the long zip line over water. My boys first thought it was going to be lame, but once we saw it and did it, they had a blast. Yes.... $95 is not cheap.... but it is a thrilling ride...up....and the ride down!!

Jamaica... we did the bamboo beachclub. It was fun.... jamaican food, rum punch, mojitos... lemonade...during entire visit. Bad part... about 1 hr van ride from Falmouth through Ocho Rios. Already have been too Dunn River Falls.

Summary..... a good time, on the world's biggest cruise ship. And not everyone can say that! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 7190

Nice room.... two twins or together a King. Typical tight quarters with a full sofa between beds and bath.