“Too old a ship... Needs a makeover or a retirement!”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

Lynnredigerhunt Carnival Victory 3 Too old a ship... Needs a makeover or a retirement!
Lynnredigerhunt
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We went on this ship for a celebration of my parents 60th Wedding anniversary. All 22 of us. Getting on board ship was easy and hassle-free. We had a balcony room which was nice however people smoke from the balconies and it can get pretty unbearable, even outside if it's blowing your way. Food was so-so..nothing really to write home about. Service was horrendous in dining room. Our wait for our first drink averaged 30-45minutes. If you get 6:00 seating you will feel "rushed" out. Excursion on Half Moon Cay a CLUSTER. Some people waited 2 hrs to get off the ship. Directions were very un-clear and confusing. The island is nice...beautiful beach but the guys running up and down the beach will "hound" you to buy beer. I've been to Nassau before so did not disembark. Once you've seen it..you've seen it. The ship has a very confusing layout. Not all decks go completely through and by night 5 I was still confused. Many other passengers had this same view. Oh and the casino reaks of stale beer and cigarette smoke. Very crowded. I was on this ship in 2000 and nothing really has changed. It's an old ship that needs to be retired. Try another ship. Also this is NOT a ship for children. Entertainment was corny although cruise director is funny. We opted to get our luggage checked and disembarkment was organized. My boyfriend and I are not big party people so we were somewhat bewildered by the amount of alcohol being consumed. Room service was very good. Staff were generally pretty friendly. Take a newer ship!

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7362
Nice room with perfect elevation for views. Noisy hallways however.

It's a debacle getting off the ship. Chaotic and disorganized. Some were waiting in excess of 2 hrs. Beach was phenomenal and for the money would recommend a cabana. The heat is extreme and the sun very very strong. Plenty of sunscreen is a must! Our excursion was cancelled (snorkeling) due to high seas but got my credit back promptly.

Published 07/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?