Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by RosieGil: Choose a different ship!

Norwegian Breakaway 1
RosieGil
Member Since 2014
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Choose a different ship!

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I just returned from my first family cruise on the Breakaway, I travelled with two teenagers, a tween and grandparents. I have never been so stressed after a vacation in my life. There were a few positive parts of the cruise, but overall it was a terrible experience.

There were far too many people on board, and it felt like we had to fight to get around every day. For starters, the pool was tiny and overcrowded with young adults, if you like to swim on vacation, forget about it on this cruise. The water slides are fun, but they become boring after the first day. The sun bathing decks are so crowded, it literally feels like you are a sardine, and since the pool is too small, there is no place to cool off.

The dining options are limited if you are not willing to pay an additional $100 per person to dine in the specialty restuarants. The shows are great, just book ahead of time, Second City was fantastic. We also loved, Big Papa, at Fat Cats. The rooms are small, we had More a mini suite, I can't imagine what a regular room looks like. There are extra charges for everything, it is not all inclusive, after paying so much to travel on the Breakaway there should not be so many additional charges.

The other problem is that the ship is too big to dock in Hamilton so you have to take the ferry or bus to get into town. You can buy passes for everyone, but it becomes expensive quickly. The cruise should provide passes or there should be a ferry just for cruise guests. The staff was amazing, very polite and helpful, they have been trained well. This trip was a first & last for our family Less

Published 07/16/14