Paul Gauguin Cruise Review by Annskijones

Member Name: Annskijones
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: other
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Paul Gauguin Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Paul Gauguin Cruises Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Paul Gauguin Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Paul Gauguin Deck Plans
Paul Gaugin is a luxury cruise ship

My husband and I went with Paul Gaugin from Fiji through Vanuata,the Solomon Islands and Paupua New Guinea ending in Cannes Australia. It was a wonderful cruise for both of us. My husband was able to dive in beautiful reefs and WW2 wrecks, while I toured the islands on the ships offered tours. I loved the places that we visited, especially the people that I met. It was a rare itinerary and one of the islands had not had a cruise ship stop there in years. I have sailed with Paul Gaugin 3 times, and each time the food and service on board the ship was excellent. Many of the other passengers were repeat guests, Some people were surprised at the lack of amenities on the islands. I thought that we got a rare and very special experience, to visit places that are truly unique and remote. The air conditioning worked very well in our room. I heard a woman complain to the manager and tour director about her air conditioning, but she would not change her room, "unless they had a suite with a piano in it" was too much bother,what she wanted was a refund of her fare. I thought she was being unreasonable, but it is very easy to get spoiled on the Paul Gaugin, they really do try to give you anything you want whenever you want it. What makes Paul Gaugin special to me is the new untouched places that I get to experience, and the excellent service and staff. Some of the ports we visited were less than Perfect, but they were unique and I found the trip fascinating and very educational. It was not a "cookie cutter cruise" and I enjoyed the experience very much. I would cruise PG again.

Publication Date: 07/16/14