Carnival Glory Cruise Review by dalel: Another great cruise

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise

Sail Date: June 2014

We sailed on June 28, 2014.

Our room was great, well kept up. We met our room attendant the 1st day and on the last day he still knew my name, even though I hadn't seen him since the 1st day, I was pretty impressed with that!

The food: The Cantina's food was great! I only ate there once though because of us being busy and not keeping up with what hours they were open. Guy's Burgers were INCREDIBLE (and the fries too)! I didn't eat the pizza this cruise, we also didn't eat at the Fish n Chips place. The Deli was great - my husband LOVES smoked salmon and Mohammed (in the deli) noticed the one day that my husband didn't go get his two bagels with smoked salmon. Buffet was pretty good. No complaints there. Dining room service was PHENOMENAL - we were in the Platinum Dining room for the last dinner. We were at Table 660 - it was a booth for 4 and our table mates did not attend all week so we had the table to ourselves. Our wait staff included Olivera, Nadezhda & More Mirko and they did an awesome job - very attentive & friendly. They felt like friends by the end of the week! We enjoyed the entertainment in the dining room on 3 of the evenings (2 of our wait staff were dancers!). I know it sounds strange (and I am not an adventurous eater) but the BUTTERED POPCORN POT DU CREME for desert was REALLY good. I was shocked. I am going to try & recreate it at home!

We were on board for the 4th of July and I was kind of hoping that there would be an evening deck party (like on NY eve) so I was a "little" disappointed that the July 4th activities were during the day on the busiest deck. We actually didn't attend any of them. We opted to play trivia instead!

The Epic Rock show was good. One of the singer's in particular - the guy who sang "Dream On" was actually REALLY good. The other singers/dancers were so so but we enjoyed it still. We did not watch Diva's or the Motown show because we saw those on our last Carnival cruise 6 months ago.

The Punchliners comedy was great - the comedy shows REALLY need to be in the larger showrooms, in my opinion. It was PACKED and there were way more people wanting to see the shows than could be accommodated in the room.

I don't mind the photographers but I wish they would not offer backdrops that have NOTHING to do with cruising, beaches, or vacation. It seems silly to me to go get run of the mill family photos on a cruise ship. I never could find one of our dining room pictures but oh well, we purchased 5 photos anyway! My biggest pet peeve with the pictures is that they take the pictures so fast that I am usually blinking, or talking or something. LOL!

Another reviewer on Glory in June 2014 mentioned there was not an ice carving demo but our cruise had one on the last sea day!

The Bubbles card is a great option if you are a soda drinker. $6/day. for all you can drink.

Someone else mentioned how great our cruise director was, which he might have been but I never saw him. We must have kept missing him or maybe he was only around the real busy decks!

I loved the Latin music. Yes, it was a Caribbean cruise so some beachy music would have been a nice addition but I understood why there was so much Latin music and I was digging it. I enjoyed watching people dance to it as I passed through the different areas.

My husband smokes and there was ample space for smokers but having some music speakers in those areas would be really nice.

I continue to be very happy with Carnival. Everyone that works on board was very friendly and attentive. Thy really make you feel welcome and take care of you. Looking forward to another cruise in the not too distant future!!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory 2-273

Great room & location. Close to elevator but not noisy! Made it easy to get around.