Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by riza22: A great ship and lovely itinerary

Serenade of the Seas 5
riza22
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

A great ship and lovely itinerary

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Having never travelled with Royal Caribbean before and being a person who prefers smaller ships, I arrived with a relatively open mind, but with a splash of trepidation!

Check in was swift and efficient, and we were able to board the ship before midday, and our stateroom was available to us at 1pm. First tick to RC!

Our stateroom was well appointed, reasonable size, with plenty of storage, although I will comment that suitcases would not fit under the bed, so had to store them in the wardrobe, a minor inconvenience.

We had chosen my time dining and would certainly do so again. Whilst we waited to board, our dinner reservation for the first night was taken and we were able to book each night after dinner for the next night. Apart from queuing to get to the maitre d' we were allocated a table swiftly and with little waiting around.

Food was good and although there was not the same large choice as on other lines, we never had a problem in finding More something to eat! my only comment would be that beef was heavy on the menu, and chicken was not fantastic!

Facilities on board were excellent, with plenty of choice in daily activities, if that is your thing! Personally, I like to relax and was able to find some quiet places to sit and soak up the sun. Could be noisy if you chose the pool area, but plenty of other place to choose from.

Breakfast and lunch were available in the Windjammer, which offered self service buffet, with a great choice. Tea, coffee and water were available free of charge all day.

My only negative would be to say that it was obvious the gratuities were added to your account as the staff certainly did not go the extra mile, but having said that, service was more than adequate. Less

Published 07/16/14

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: 7052

Pleasant stateroom, no noises and a reasonable size balcony, but with a canopy below, so not directly looking down to the sea.

riza22
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X