“A great ship and lovely itinerary”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas

riza22 Serenade of the Seas 5 A great ship and lovely itinerary
riza22
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Having never travelled with Royal Caribbean before and being a person who prefers smaller ships, I arrived with a relatively open mind, but with a splash of trepidation!

Check in was swift and efficient, and we were able to board the ship before midday, and our stateroom was available to us at 1pm. First tick to RC!

Our stateroom was well appointed, reasonable size, with plenty of storage, although I will comment that suitcases would not fit under the bed, so had to store them in the wardrobe, a minor inconvenience.

We had chosen my time dining and would certainly do so again. Whilst we waited to board, our dinner reservation for the first night was taken and we were able to book each night after dinner for the next night. Apart from queuing to get to the maitre d' we were allocated a table swiftly and with little waiting around.

Food was good and although there was not the same large choice as on other lines, we never had a problem in finding something to eat! my only comment would be that beef was heavy on the menu, and chicken was not fantastic!

Facilities on board were excellent, with plenty of choice in daily activities, if that is your thing! Personally, I like to relax and was able to find some quiet places to sit and soak up the sun. Could be noisy if you chose the pool area, but plenty of other place to choose from.

Breakfast and lunch were available in the Windjammer, which offered self service buffet, with a great choice. Tea, coffee and water were available free of charge all day.

My only negative would be to say that it was obvious the gratuities were added to your account as the staff certainly did not go the extra mile, but having said that, service was more than adequate.

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7052
Pleasant stateroom, no noises and a reasonable size balcony, but with a canopy below, so not directly looking down to the sea.
Published 07/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Serenade of the Seas Review
Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?