Veendam 5

“Everything Was Fine and Enjoyable”
Cruise review of Holland America Veendam

gheu
Member Since 2012
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Had a nice time cruising from Boston to Quebec.

I am not sure of all the previous negative comments and the weird comments such as the suggestions that 80% of the staff does not speak English or that there were no clean towels?? We had a really good time. One can always find things to complain about on any cruise.

The cabin was fine. Nightly entertainment was great. Main dining room meals were great. Breakfast on Lido was good. The dinners on the Lido not as elaborate as other cruise lines but fine. The 10:30 pm Lido buffet every night was fine but perhaps the selection and quality be improved. I have had better and fancier Lido meals on other cruise lines but perhaps Holland America concentrates more the Main Dining Room experience which is understandable.

I lost a camera and the staff was great in recovering it for me. The excursion staff really helped me out.

This ship does not deserve some of the real negative reviews. Not to say that some thing More can't be improved on. I did not find the staff unfriendly as reported. Like anywhere, on occasion one will find an unenthusiastic staffer at times.

Our room, 566 was next to the gangway. A little noisy but that is no ones fault.

The nightly shows were a highlight. The cast was very talented.

I would not hesitate to recommend this cruise to my friends. I would say a solid 7.5/10 or so. Less

Veendam Cruises to Canada & New England

Helpful? Thank gheu
Read Cruise Critic's Veendam Review

Veendam Cruises to Canada & New England

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?