Carnival Pride Cruise Review by csheridan11: Pro's and Con's

Pro's and Con's

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my first cruise and overall I had a really great time, however, there were certain things that could have really been improved.

Pros- The best thing about this cruise would be the staff. They were a personable, attentive, and hard working group of people. From the shows, bars, dining room, you name it; the staff really made the trip. The ship was also very clean and there was always something going on. I traveled with a multi-generational group and there was something for everyone (kids camp, adult only lounge, bingo, etc.). The stops the cruise made (Grand Turk, Half Moon Kay, and Freeport) were beautiful and there was a lot to do. All made much easier by the organized manner in which we would enter and exit the ship.

Cons- Biggest disappointment was the food. Dinner in the dining hall was good, but the breakfast and lunch buffets were at times inedible. We heard many guests echo the same complaints. This cast a shadow on the whole trip and will probably More make us try a Royal Caribbean cruise before embarking on another Carnival. The other big down side would be the rocking of the ship. The movement of the ship was noticeable the entire time and from what more experienced cruisers noted was that it was abnormal (or else I wouldn't even bring it up).

I will say that this was absolutely one of the best vacations I've ever been on. The cruise experience is one of complete service and I definitely plan to go on another. If the food had been better (i.e. not sick for 7 days) this would be #1 in my book. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>