MSC Opera Cruise Review by Eurolord: MSC Cruises - Excellent

MSC Cruises - Excellent

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

I have cruised with MSC before on Lirica and enjoyed it a lot. This cruise on Opera was just as good if not better in many ways.

Firstly, I really do have to wonder why some people go on cruises because based on their reviews it is just an excuse to complain. The only advise I will offer is book a cruise and make up your own mind because some of the negative reviews are total rubbish.

Don't book a cruise with MSC if you don't like mixing with other Europeans, particularly Spanish, Germans and Italians. Some 90% of the passengers on both of the cruises I have done are European (non British).

There are many great deals in the on-board shops, particularly the watches, jewellery and cigarettes. Children are also free (you only pay the port taxes, about £150).

The food and levels of service were great with a lot of variety. You will get Italian food on board because it is an Italian ship so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

The entertainment More was also very good and very varied.

We had a balcony (suite) cabin and it was bigger than any one I have had on any other cruise line.

Most of the staff on the ship spoke English and were very friendly and helpful. Much of the on-board entertainment and shows was in English. The Italian captain even done his speech to the passengers in English.

I always say if you treat the staff with respect you will get it back 10 fold. Perhaps those that do nothing but complain would do well to remember that.

Recommended. Ignore the bad reviews and make your own mind up. Less

Published 07/16/14

1 Helpful Vote

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review >>

Cabin review: 12008

A very good sized cabin and very comfortable. Biggest bath I have seen in any cruise ship. Our cabin also had a walk-in wardrobe. Cabins are well maintained and cleaned 2 times daily by very helpful staff. It may be worthwhile taking a travel kettle as cabins do not have them.

Eurolord
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?