Viking Delling 5

d4cats
Member Since 2014
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

This was our first cruise. We didn't know what to expect. We'd seen all of the ads on TV, so our expectations were high.

I must say, absolutely everything was perfect. Every detail was carefully thought through, from the moment we embarked until the moment we disembarked. The boat was practically brand new. The staff was very attentive-- they truly wanted this to be your best cruising experience ever, and went out of their way to make it happen.

The food was excellent, and with several options for your entree, there was always something that would please every palate. The "house" wines, complimentary with lunch and dinner, were good quality. (We were in the wine business, so we know the difference between cheap wine vs. good wine.) The breakfast buffet had everything you could want, including yogurt made right on board, made-to-order omelets and eggs benedict.

The soaps, shampoo, etc., were highest quality. The towels were large and fluffy. The entire boat More was meticulously clean. The tours were well-planned with excellent English speaking guides. The on-board entertainment each evening was fun... and educational.

One of the best parts: the people we met. We will stay in touch with one couple we met, even though we live on opposite sides of the country.

I would not hesitate to recommend this cruise line to anyone wanting to take a river cruise. Less

Viking Delling Cruises to Europe River

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Standard110
We used our frequent flyer miles for this trip. That meant that the time frame limited which cruise we could take. This cruise fit perfectly in the time frame, but all that was left for cabins was the standard. This cabin had a portal window, about 2 feet high, at eye-level. At first, I thought this might bother us. But, we spent so little time in our cabin, I did not even once regret that we did not have a balcony in our cabin. Actually, on future cruises, (and we will do more with Viking), I would choose a lower cabin again. I'd rather spend the additional dollars elsewhere on my trip.

Published 07/15/14

Read Cruise Critic's Viking Delling Review

Viking Delling Cruises to Europe River

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?