Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ken3028: Allure of the Seas - A great week at sea

ken3028
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Allure of the Seas - A great week at sea

Sail Date: June 2014

This ship is the destination. We had the best time, the ship, the staff, the food and most of all the entertainment. The production shows were great, we had the luck to have Mo5aic as the headliner for the week and they really rocked the house. The On-Air club is one of the best venues because it's used for the purpose it is designed, we were there every evening for Karaoke and I took my turn each night.

The Ship - Where do I start, absolutely beautiful, it's oohs and ahs from the time you embark into the Royal Promenade. Everywhere you turn is something to see or do. We hit all of the neighborhoods at one point of the cruise, strolled in Central Park, spent time on the Boardwalk and the Aqua Theater, the Amber Theater is magnificent, Studio B is just right for the Ice Show, Parties and the Quest. We enjoyed the Diamond club each evening with a great view of the promenade. The pool areas were never overly crowded and offered enough shade for me to take wonderful naps. We More thought the Solarium was a disappointment, way too loud and no shade to be found. It was also different in that it was not covered so it was not a sanctuary when it rained (although we had none when we were at the pool). My Wife and I both did the Flowrider (her more than me) and the DW also did the zip line over the boardwalk.

Cabin - Central Park Balcony 11617 was nice sized, not noisy from the outside at all, and sitting on the balcony was comfortable even during the day. The closet being right next to the bed was a little awkward but not a big issue. The safe was actually at the right height so I didn't have to kneel down to use it. My wife was thrilled that there was a "shaving" bar in the shower.

Food - MDR was excellent, not as many choices as in the past (we saw that starting on Jewel last summer) but taste, temp and presentation were top-notch. Wait staff was incredible, after the second night they knew our preferences. We also had dinner one night at Izumi, incredible sushi and very reasonable. Windjammer was different, much smaller than on the other ships we've been on, we were told that was done that way to spread the passengers out among all of the eating venues. Johnny Rockets for breakfast was excellent; we also had shakes there that were to die for. The Roast Beef sandwiches at Park Café were outstanding. The Solarium Café was OK, we didn't think that was anything special. We also ate in the MDR twice for breakfast, incredible selection from the kitchen and a full buffet.

Entertainment - I'll go in order of what we saw. Ocean Aria was spectacular under the stars, the divers and acrobats were a joy to watch. The comedy show was OK, both comedians were funny but not side splitting. Watching Chicago was like sitting in a Broadway theater, the talent was off the chart. The headliners were an A Capella group called Mo5aic, they totally rocked the house. The Blue Planet production show started off slowly but picked up steam as it went on and we really enjoyed it.

A big part of the entertainment was the cruise director and his staff. Allan Brooks must have an intravenous line for Red Bull. His staff feeds off of him and we had the best time with them. I don't usually get the cruise in review DVD but did this time, we got into a couple of the shots, but just to be able to relive parts of the week will be great.

Odds and Ends - We had hooked up with a couple of similar background on Cruise Critic and arranged to have them as table mates for dinner and had a wonderful time. There were a few instances where we needed to have issues resolved and they were done promptly and with a smile.

This was a great vacation and we will get back on this class again sometime in the future. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>