Marina Cruise Review by Sdancer: Not a fan anymore

Not a fan anymore

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

I liked my first few cruises on Oceania ships, Marina and Riviera. I think that it was because Oceania was still trying to establish itself in a competitive industry then but it is not the case anymore :(.

My last cruise did not go well: service went down the hill across the board - too many untrained rookies. At the French restaurant a waiter made a mistake ordering a wrong entree. He agreed to bring a correct entree only if I would first eat a wrong one - amazing! Another waiter there strongly insisted that I absolutely have to order a desert. I promptly canceled my second reservation at this specialty restaurant.

Reception desk service was spotty and heavily depended on who was working there at a time. After a few unpleasant dealings with a particular employee, I would wait longer in line just to avoid her.

Information coordination about the bookings between the Corporate and the ship is very poor, with long delays and is practically non-existent on More weekends.

If you were lucky enough to have a complementary perk with your booking, it does not mean that you actually get it.

Though this perk was clearly stated in my booking invoice from the travel agent, I had to fight for it with the reception desk while being mistreated in the process by the above mentioned employee and her supervisor. A day or two later this mistake was finally corrected but no apologies were offered.

Temperature inside throughout the ship was not balanced: too hot and stuffy some days or very cold and windy other days. How is it possible to get a wind blowing across all the inside stairs?

We were prevented from using a balcony for the duration of our cruise: we were told that it was being varnished, then washed. It was a note in our cabin warning us not to go on a balcony. This note was still there on the last day of our cruise.

Does it sound like a luxury line? IDo not think so!

I am not a fan anymore :(. Less