“Not a fan anymore”

Sdancer
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I liked my first few cruises on Oceania ships, Marina and Riviera. I think that it was because Oceania was still trying to establish itself in a competitive industry then but it is not the case anymore :(.

My last cruise did not go well: service went down the hill across the board - too many untrained rookies. At the French restaurant a waiter made a mistake ordering a wrong entree. He agreed to bring a correct entree only if I would first eat a wrong one - amazing! Another waiter there strongly insisted that I absolutely have to order a desert. I promptly canceled my second reservation at this specialty restaurant.

Reception desk service was spotty and heavily depended on who was working there at a time. After a few unpleasant dealings with a particular employee, I would wait longer in line just to avoid her.

Information coordination about the bookings between the Corporate and the ship is very poor, with long delays and is practically non-existent on weekends.

If you were lucky enough to have a complementary perk with your booking, it does not mean that you actually get it.

Though this perk was clearly stated in my booking invoice from the travel agent, I had to fight for it with the reception desk while being mistreated in the process by the above mentioned employee and her supervisor. A day or two later this mistake was finally corrected but no apologies were offered.

Temperature inside throughout the ship was not balanced: too hot and stuffy some days or very cold and windy other days. How is it possible to get a wind blowing across all the inside stairs?

We were prevented from using a balcony for the duration of our cruise: we were told that it was being varnished, then washed. It was a note in our cabin warning us not to go on a balcony. This note was still there on the last day of our cruise.

Does it sound like a luxury line? IDo not think so!

I am not a fan anymore :(.

Marina Cruises to the Baltic Sea

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Marina Review
Marina Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?