Carnival Pride Cruise Review by kristin's mom: Third time on the Pride.

kristin's mom
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Third time on the Pride.

Sail Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Grand Turk

This was my third time on the Pride. The first two times were in the spring. This time we took three of our children and two of their friends. My husband have always had a good time on the Pride. It is a 6 hour drive from our home in Ohio.

The port staff was not very helpful this time. I had a bag that had the silver lining and plastic in it. I used it to bring my water. I wanted to use it on the beach to put wet towels in it, since it would be easy to clean out. It was 16x16x8, and they would not let me bring it through security. I even offered to fold it up.They said it was a cooler. I had used it the 2 previous times. Had to walk it back to the car. The other 6 went through the line. Even though I did online check-in someone told them to go to a table and fill out these forms. I walk in and told my family all that was on our boarding passes. I then went and asked another lady, and she said yes we had to fill out the forms. Still not believing her, I went to the person who More does priority check and asked. He told me as long as we have our boarding passes we could get in line. Thirty minutes and more than 200 people were now ahead of us.

Our room steward Ren was fantastic. She was extremely attentive to our needs. Also, our dining staff Rajesh and Rajesh were beyond great. Any special needs with preparation of our food was done. By the 2nd night our head waiter would address us by our names. If our head waiter saw us in the buffet area, he always made sure to come say hello to us. The food was fine. If you didn't like something, you could always find something else to eat.I truly will miss these 3 people.

The entertainment was not as good as it has been it the past. We would always have to been at the shows 20 mins. early to get good seats, but not this time. Josh, Calvyn, and Trent who introduced shows were all very friendly and funny.

A major complaint was that on 3 separate occasions our water in our bathroom was very yellow. The first time the excuse was that they possible were changing water tanks. We did not make a big deal of it the first time even though the other 2 rooms had no problems. The next 2 times it happened only to our room guest services just blew us off. The least they could have done was to send a person to check on it directly from our room. But this never happened. I wrote an email to Carnival today. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Riviera 1154

The cabin is fine for what we need. There are 2 usable closets. The 3rd has the life jackets and robes which we did not use. I stored the carry-ons in here and put the suitcases under the bed. There is 2 chairs and a very small table in the room. It is hard to open the refigerator because one of the chairs is always in the way. The bathroom is not much smaller than my own shower only bathroom. We also had rooms 1170 and 1166 in out group. Room 1170 had the bunk that came out of the ceiling. A small ladder was attached to the end of the bed to get in. Our room steward kept it down for us the whole time.

Not much to do here. Again we paid $10 a per person for a round trip ride to get to Port Lucya.

Read 781 Freeport Reviews

The beach was nice. But if you wanted to go to see the churches or historical museum, it cost $10 per person by taxi to get there.

The water was beautiful.2 people in my party went horsebacking riding and loved it.