Great Cruise: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by medontelord
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
- We spent a couple of nights in Rome prior to the cruise so we took the train from Rome (easy and affordable). When you arrive at the Civitavecchia train station take a taxi to the ship (maybe 15 Euros). It is long walk with luggage to the free shuttle and the wait and disorganization at the shuffle is not worth it.
- We booked every shore excursion on the Internet before we left home. Lots of choice. Every trip worked out well and we saved a lot of money over the ship's excursions and in most cases ended up with a much smaller more enjoyable tour.
- Take some time to learn the history before you go otherwise you are looking at a lot of ruins that have little or no significance to you
- If you decide to book a More scooter (we chickened out and went with the ATV instead) they will ask you for a scooter/motorcycle licence. If you really want to take the risk of a scooter (crazy drivers over there) simply tell them your licence is good for cars or motorcyles, They do not know the difference.
- In Ephesus take a tour that includes the Terrace Houses. if you shop around it will not cost you anymore but makes the tour much more enjoyable.
- The entertainment on the ship was great and remarkably there was not a single night (other than the World Cup opening) where the theatre was anywhere near full so do not worry about getting there early (Note we had a late seating so we were attending the early shows)
- If you choose the late dinner seating you will miss some of the lesser shows (e.g. newlyweds) as they only happen once and are scheduled for the convenience of the early seating Less
Nice cabin, not really sure what extras we got for being Concierge other than nicer bathrobes, sparking wine, pathetic canapés each day if we ordered (only did once) .... nothing else of note that I could see
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Reflection Review >>