Island Escape Cruise Review by nicola78: Cheap and cheerfull but great value for money

nicola78
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Cheap and cheerfull but great value for money

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

Booked a last minute cruise on Island escape so got a great deal with direct flights and great price. I knew what to expect from the cruise line and ship so no big surprises when we boarded.

She is not the most luxurious ship and is a little tired but kept spotlessly clean so no complaints there, very small bathroom though.

The food was good but I think I might have been board if we were on for 2 weeks. All inclusive drinks were fine and if you wanted you could pay for premium brands at a very low price (I had a nice strawberry daiquiri every night for only £2.00) or upgrade to the premium package for only £10.00pp per day which is amazing value.

Entertainment was absolutely fantastic and I have to say a huge shout out to Cruise Director Ross who made the cruise for us. The shows at night were great and they always have alternative music/game shows if you don't want to go to the main show. Hard to decide what to do there was so much choice and it More was all such good fun. Some of the shows were so funny we even bought the dvd to relive them! Lots of day time activities but not quite as much as others ships have.

Itinerary was spot on with plenty of time in port and we always seemed to be berthed close enough to walk off (Barcelona especially). Excursions were averagely prices and well run.

Only thing that let the ship down was the serving staff, unfortunately the worst I have ever come across and I can only imagine it's because tipping is not compulsory. A couple were good but to be honest, that's all. Wouldn't stop me going back next year if the price was right. Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>