MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by charlenethornberry: MSC Fantasia - what a joke

MSC Fantasia - what a joke

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Venice

Although I had read some very bad reviews we decided to give MSC a chance. What a mistake! If you do not speak the language you are in for a hard time. Culture clash of note! Have to say the embarkation and disembarkation were fantastic but this is where it stops. The actual pricing of the cruise was acceptable but once you get onboard you are stung for everything. Whoever heard of having to pay for water at dinner and then to have to pay tax on top of that. The food in the dining rooms was edible and adequate but we did find the food on deck 14 a bit of a trial. Also this eaterie does not get cleaned as often as it should be - floors were sticky. Cabin steward was amazing but then it felt more like he was fearing he would lose his job if any little issue was raised regarding the cleaning.

Our concern started with the lifeboat safety drill - staff could not be more unenthusiastic and in fact I felt that in a crisis I would feel compromised. Entertainment - no cannot really More call it entertainment as it is rubbish. My biggest gripe was the inefficiency of the reception staff. Their English is not great so there should be at least one very good English speaker at each desk. But the body language was appalling. We complained that our newspapers were not being delivered and my husband got told a different story to what I was told.

I feel robbed of a holiday as we found this cruise so stressful and unenjoyable. Could be a bit of culture clash but this does not explain the inefficiency. If you are thinking of MSC think again! Less

Read more MSC Fantasia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Fantasia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Fantasia 8097

Very comfortable and the shower was delightful. Lots of space and tastefully colour schemed.