Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Qtipie2: Pleasant enough

Pleasant enough

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

My husband, sister and brother in law did a cruise and stay trip at the end of last month returning from a weeks stay in Turkey after our cruise.This was our second cruise, the first being on the NCL Sun to the Caribbean last winter.

The Celebration was certainly smaller and older than I expected . We had booked a double cabin and were given single beds which the staff were unable to upgrade unless we were prepared to pay an extra £500 each couple! Out cabin was located on deck 1 which is the lowest deck. Consequently we could hear the hum of the engine and the slapping of the waves against the side of the ship all night long. In addition the porthole was so low that some times in port the view from the window consisted of the port wall which darkened the cabin.The food and facilities were excellent. It was great to have self service launderettes on various decks and the crew could not be friendlier. On 1 occasion there was no chocolate cake to my liking in the buffet More restaurant, the chef came and asked what I preferred and brought it to my table, now that is service !

All in all it was very nice and the itinerary which included the Holy Land was fantastic. Just not sure that I would sail on the Celebration again. Less

Read more Thomson Celebration cruise reviews >>