Allure of the Seas 5

Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

lpriddy
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

The wife and i just completed our first cruise and since i relied heavily on Cruise Critic reviews and determining which Cruise Line and Ship to take, i felt compelled to provide feedback that may help others.

First, let me thank everyone who provided reviews on RCCL and Allure of the Seas. It was very helpful and accurate.

I could spend the next hour detailing all aspects of our experience but i will try and keep it short and sweet.

Ship: AWESOME. The Allure is an amazing vessel. The largest cruise ship in the world (for now). It's a 5 star resort on the water. My recommendation is definitely get at least a Balcony room. They are small but very comfortable. If you don't have children with you, spend a lot of time at the Solarium during the day. Great place.

Food: Not impressed with the Windjammer but everything else we had was excellent. The Main Dining room is VERY nice. The food and service is excellent. I would also recommend you try at least a More couple of the "Specialty" restaurants. Our favorites were the Chop Grill and Giovannis Table. Very good breakfast at the Main Dining room as well. IMO, the Wipeout Cafe on Deck 15 had the best breakfast.

Entertainment: Top notch!! The musicals were awesome. Comedy show was very good. Not a gambler but did walk through the Casino. Not Vegas but not bad.

One note on Food and Entertainment. Plan early. Make reservations well before your cruise for both the shows and Specialty Restaurants. They fill up fast.

Excursions: We took the western route so our stops were Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel. In Haiti, it's strictly a small resort that Royal Caribbean built for their ships. Very nice beaches. Some snorkeling and an AMAZING Zip Line from off a mountain down to the beach. Jamaica was nice. We did the Dunns River Falls climb along with the river tubing. At $122 per person, i was not impressed. The Falls were pretty but there were 3 ships in dock so the crowds were horrendous. Also pretty treacherous. The Tubing was fun. Relaxing and the guides were very entertaining. Cozumel was the best in my opinion. We went outside the box and used an organization called Cozumel Cruise Excursions. We did a private Jeep Tour of the island. Very nice. Away from the crowds. We got see the quiet side of island. Beautiful beaches. Snorkeling and great food.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed the Allure of the Seas experience in all aspects. We are already considering one of RCCL's Alaskan tours for next summer. Hope this helps. Less

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

12252
Stateroom was small but nice. My only challenge was the Shower. I am a large man the showers are for Small people. The beds were awesome. Balcony was small but adequate. Definitely recommend at least a Balcony room or larger.

Published 07/12/14

Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?