Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by sandyblue: Great family holiday

Great family holiday

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

My husband and I have been on several cruises, P&O, Royal Caribbean & Celebrity. This cruise we went with our daughter her husband and our 9yo grand-daughter.

We loved the ship, the decor was out there but that made it interesting. We particularly love the Egyptian theme in the theater.

I can only share our experiences, we dined at night in the Empire room, the food, service and general atmosphere was fantastic. Our waiters Flaviau and Johnny were so attentive, even cutting up our grand-daughters steak for her ! We also loved the the little break during dinner with singing and dancing from the staff, it gave such a happy vibe to the room.

The La Playa - casual dinning is badly laid out. I found it quite confusing and annoying trying to get around to various food stations.

Our cabin was good and our cabin attendant Eddy was fantastic. He was so friendly and attentive, nothing was a problem for him.

The entrainment was very good we More looked forward to the shows. We also found the entrainment in the various bars very good also.

We went out of school holidays and I can see that in school holidays it could be a problem. We saw children behaving badly at times, I think carnival should a policy re: children's behavior and make the adults responsible We overheard on male parent tell his children to splash and scream in the spa so that everyone else will get out and they will have it all to themselves.!!

The ship was very clean and well maintained but I was a little dismayed at the lack of supervision of hand cleaning around eating area's.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday with many good memories. Our embarkation and disembarkation was painless, no stress at all. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Spirit Balcony Upper 5143

Happy with the cabin, lots of hanging and storage areas, bathroom small but adequate. Bed was comfortable, some noise above from children jumping or running.