Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Makaiisa

Member Name: Makaiisa
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Very First Cruise!

I had my very first cruise experience aboard the Carnival Sunshine this past June. I had a wonderful time. There was so much to see and do that I was afraid I would miss something. I had heard that the comedian Mutzie, who was to perform at the Punchliner, was not to be missed. Even though he had an 'adults only' show, you could have brought your kids. This guy has got it! He was so hilarious and he didn't utter one obscenity.

The food on the ship was plentiful. I had heard about Guy Fieri's Burger Joint being on this cruise ship so we ate there a few times and liked it. It was open 24 hrs. The Lido deck was where breakfast, lunch and dinner (if you didn't choose to eat in the restaurants) were served. There was a good variety of foods to choose from and the wait time was minimal. I noticed that at breakfast, the two lines came around at the point where the bacon was and it was a fight to the death to get a piece! I noticed that after a few days, they had a server handing out the bacon to end the near fist-ta-cuffs that nearly broke out. LOL

I found myself gravitating to certain spots on the ship once I became more familiar with the locations. I loved Cherry On Top. It satisfied my sweet tooth after dinner. I also loved, loved, loved the Library Bar. You could go in with your drink and read/relax to your heart's content!

We had anytime dining. We only had to wait once (and only a few minutes) before we were seated. Our server was very friendly. The servers performed a song and dance ritual a couple of nights at dinner. That was a lot of fun.

We had a balcony stateroom with a king-sized bed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was plenty spacious. My husband is a smoker and was allowed to smoke on the balcony.

We had an excursion planned for each port of call except Costa Maya. The ports were Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Costa Maya, then back to Port Canaveral.

There was so much to see and do that we feel like we didn't get to experience enough so we are looking to book another cruise with Carnival this winter. I had a great time.

Everyone was so nice and friendly. I can't wait to go again.

Publication Date: 07/10/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review