Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by cdogg123: ROYAL FLOP

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

ROYAL FLOP

Sail Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

I have been on about 9 cruises in the last 17 years. We had never been with Royal Caribbean before and we were looking forward to a new cruise line for us.

Here is what some else posted….I back this time’s 10….

“I want everyone to know before you book your trip that we have NEVER been told NO so many times aboard ship! It was such a different experience from all of our other trips that we won't likely cruise anymore.”

SHOWS: We only saw 2 of them…but out of 10 cruises (so about 20 shows) these were the worst 2 shows I have ever seen.

DRINKS CARDS: Not only are there the soda drink cards, you have about 3-5 other options for other packages including liquor. We only did 1 soda one for our son. All the others seemed too restricted and we were not sure if they would be worth it. The soda card was only for select fountain drinks, mostly from the soda gun (so extra sugary tasty – not the good stuff out of a More can). At one bar I herd one lady go off on this and demand her money back the 1st day.

BARS & GENRAL SERVICE: I was flabbergasted at how rarely we were asked for drinks (or anything). On other cruise lines, the waiters go out of there way for you …the customer. Never having been on RCL before, I at first thought maybe this is just how RCCL is. After reading more reviews on this boat, it seems in the past RCL had good service….but something has greatly changed. I never felt like we were treated like a “customer”.

When you would go to try to order a drink at a bar, it would take 10-15 minutes with no line (or maybe just 1-2 people ahead of you).

FOOD: The free food (I say free, the food you paid $3,000+ for a trip) was below average. I’m not sure how others could rave about this level of service (maybe they need to try other cruise lines). There were 6 or more other restaurants or shops that you could pay for – we did none of these (I just get tired of being nickel and dimed)

ROOM: It was clean and nice looking (the ship has just been redone in Jan 2014). It did seem hotter than any other I could ever remember (I’m now seeing this in others reviews) .

OTHER: Our room attendant was the nicest RCCL person on the ship. (Wilbert - from Columbia)

BOTTOMLINE: I never felt like we were treated like a “customer”. In the past, a cruise would have been one of my TOP vacation options…now RCCL has left me with doubts. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>