Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by gmann163: Smooth Sailing

Smooth Sailing

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

My husband and I recently sailed on a 10 day cruise on the Celebrity Reflection. We were in Concierge Cabin 2205 on the 12th floor. This was our first cruise with Celebrity.

Embarkation - We boarded about 11:30 a.m. There were no lines. We were on the ship within minutes. Although our cabin was not ready, we were able to enjoy the buffet and the public areas of this beautiful ship.

Cabin - We were in a concierge level cabin. Our steward kept our cabin neat and tidy. We rarely saw her. There was plenty of room storage, and we thoroughly enjoyed our balcony. Although we could hear noise (carts rolling) from the buffet above us, it was only slightly bothersome. We had a bottle of champagne in our room upon our arrival. She changed it our for wine at our request. The afternoon canapés were okay.

Meals - We mostly ate at Opus, but we did enjoy one evening each at Murano and the Tuscan Grille. First, Opus, was very nice. The food was good as was the More variety. Some entrees were better than others, but overall, I felt celebrity did a fine job. I personally enjoyed the escargot each evening as an appetizer. The fish was always fresh and tasty, as were the steaks. Most mornings we ate at the buffet due to the time our tours started. It had a wide variety of breakfast options. Not great - but it was fine. Murano was very nice, but we REALLY enjoyed our Tuscan Grille dinner.

Ship - Very clean! We loved exploring this ship. Even with 3,000 guests, it never seemed crowded. We never had to wait in a line.

Ports - A great itinerary! I had been to most of the ports previously. They were as beautiful as I remembered. Most of our tours were arranged through the CC Boards with fellow Cruise Critic members. They were all amazing. We used Sicily LIfe (Fabio) in Messina for the Unknown Villages around Etna with wine tasting and Taormina tour. I highly recommend him! We joined a group and used Sicily with Mario for the Amalfi Coast drive. He was funny and knowledgeable, giving us plenty of time to explore the breathtaking views and towns. Other CC members organized a tour of Athens. We did two Celebrity excursions; Ephesus and Santorini. The Ephesus tour was not very good. We were rushed through the ruins and taken to a shopping center and then a bazaar. We actually left the tour and walked back to the ship on our own. I gave Celebrity my review of this tour. Skip it! In Santorini we did the Oia tour. We were rushed, and wish they had given us more time to enjoy this amazing place. We walked Rhodes and Mykonos on our own, renting a quad in Mykonos to explore the beautiful beaches.

Entertainment - This is the one area that needs improvement - at least the headliners... We liked the comedian. We left the Whitney Houston tribute and the ventriloquist. The musicians in the public areas and bars were quite entertaining.

Overall - I would not hesitate to book another Celebrity Cruise. We had a great trip, traveled in a nice room, met amazing people, learned fascinating history, and saw beautiful places. What more could you want from a vacation? Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 2205

You could hear noise from the buffet above when on the balcony. This was from the food carts being pushed to and fro. Other than that, cabin was very nice. The shower was larger than we expected.