Golden Princess Cruise Review by Sansak: Some good, some bad

Some good, some bad

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We just got off the Golden Princess after a 7 day cruise to Alaska.

As stated in some prior reviews the ship is a bit dated and looks a bit old. The balony staeroom was a nice size with great closet space. I would definitely recommend spending the extra money as it is worth it for the great views especially at Glacier Bay. We were able to see the glacier from our balcony where it was warmer and even hear the narration from the room TV. The ship caters to an older crowd so my children age 19 and 22 were a bit bored.

The embarcation and disembarcation in ports and at the end were very smooth. My biggest complaint is that we were not allowed to get off the ship in Victoria. They did not tell us until 2 hours before our scheduled arrival that we were going to be late and they could not let us off the ship. It was not handled well and most passengers were very upset about it. We had to sit on the ship and look at Victoria and the other cruiseships and their passengers More getting on and off. It was very frustrating. They told us it was due to technical problems but they were able to get to Seattle without a problem and even left on time for the next cruise so that doesnt make sense. I read a review from May that said the same thing happened on that cruise.

I would recommend a cruise of the inner passage but probably wont recommend this cruise ship to any of my friends. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>