Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by notree

Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: notree
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

RCCL Let me down!

Every year we have a "Cousins and Friends Cruise" generally around 16 people. This was my 7th cruise with RCCL all out of Galveston. We have cruised on NCL, Holland America and Carnival. I really wanted my cousins to experience the RCCL difference as we had sailed Magic the last two yeas. It did not match up and I was disappointed. We did have a great time. But a vote was taken and we well be sailing Magic next year.

The first night one end of the table did not get waited on?? No bar service at the table at all. It was so bad that two couples complained. We were given two "new" waiters and received great service after that..to a point. They were overwhelmed! way to many people and we were always the first in the dining room and last out. I can't blame the Waite staff, this looks to this old cruiser like a logistics problem and poor management. To many people overall? They added several cabins and maybe have not adjusted the staff to cover for the increase in passengers? I seemed crowded everywhere I went. Toward the end of the cruise we saw several passengers loose their cool and I felt sorry for the RCCL employees that were shown total disrespect. Now let me say it was a good cruise, we had fun. The shows were up to standard.

The ports of call were what you make of them and we enjoyed ourselves. It is sometimes the luck of the draw and a cruise is what you make of it sometimes in spite of things that do not measure up to what you expect. Navigator has the potential to be an excellent ship. But, with a few exceptions, I believe every passenger should feel like they ge a great cruise experience and we do expect RCCL to be held to a higher standard. You let me down folks. On a scale of one to ten you got a 7 overall this trip.

Publication Date: 07/09/14