Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by cruisecouture: Best Cruise I Have Ever Been On!

cruisecouture
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 4.3

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best Cruise I Have Ever Been On!

Sail Date: June 2014

The Norwegian Getaway was by far the best cruise I have ever been on. Now that is saying something considering I have been on 9 cruises. I have been on Princess, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Disney, and Celebrity, all with my husband and three kids. My youngest kid is 13 and my oldest is 18. We try to find cruises everyone likes.

The ship had plenty to do such as water slides, ropes course, rock wall, etc. My youngest was mad about not being 99 lbs to go on the drop slide. The teen club was geared more toward 13-15 year olds, so my 16 year old boy didn't really go he did more his own thing.

The crew was honestly the best! My daughter had a toe mishap which ended in us going to the ships doctor. I was more than pleased with how nice that facility is. They got us in right away cleaned up the blood xrayed and everything! It was great! We stayed in the Haven, so the crew was a bit more pampering, but our butler brought her ice and candy when this happened which I thought was More real nice.

The glow party was something my teens loved, but it was more of a rave type thing so i definitely did not partake in that! In general all the evening activities were great!

Another thing my kids loved was the bungee jumping, spider climb which ends in a swirly slide, and ropes course with the plank. I didn't see my kids hardly during the day they were so busy with fun!

The Haven was amazing and I have absolutely no complaints! The Haven bartenders even knew my drink order! The restaurant there was amazing! I absolutely loved the private pool and hot tubs, as well as the private sundeck!

All in all, this was the nicest cruise I have ever been on! I am used to the more luxury cruises so I cannot compare to Carnival because I've never been on one and don't plan on it! Norwegian had the best food,crew,activities,etc out of all cruises in my opinion! Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Getaway 16112 (Haven)

Great room, spacious living area, but one complaint would be small balcony.