Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by plattyum

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Rolling with the Majesty!

My b/f and I have cruised a few times before on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruise lines. We enjoyed both cruise lines. We aren't overly picky people. However a clean, safe, and fun environment is not up for negotiation. This year, my b/f and I booked a 7 day cruise on Norwegian in October, therefore, we will have plenty to compare to by then. In the meantime, let me tell you about the wonderful time we had in June 2014 on Royal Caribbean's Majesty.

My b/f and I flew in to Ft. Lauderdale Airport and had to find transportation to the Port of Miami. Our original plan was to book transportation for $30pp round trip with this independent company on line. However, time got the best of us. We both worked earlier during the day, we both stayed up all night packing our carry-on luggage, and was way too tired to do anything else. Note to self....take off from work the day before even for a weekend trip!

We found van shuttle service a whopping $50pp one way! Royal Caribbean also offered shuttle service for $65pp that would be applied to your sea pass account at the end of the trip. Both of these required waiting on desired number of passengers before leaving. There was also a taxi/limo service that offered transportation for about $75pp with no waiting. We chose to pay cash and took the regular van shuttle.

Embarkation-We arrived early around 1030am but waited about an hour or so before being allowed to board. Seem to be a smooth painless process, except for the passengers who didn't know if they were VIPs or Gold members etc etc. Believe it or not, they held up the process not the twenty something group wedding party!

On board-The Majesty is a beautiful small ship loaded with charm. It is not a mega ship with accessory overload. It is clean, simply decorated, and beautifully maintained. The main floor (4th) where you check in, book trips, shop, and enter the main dinning room is the perfect floor to have a cabin on. They always had a live musical group playing during the evenings. Really nice.

We had an inside cabin that was small but cozy. It had a safe and enough room for our things to be placed away. The bed was so comfortable. I liked that we were on the 4th fl. Perfect spot.

We skipped the MDR and ate at the buffet for all our meals. The food was tasty. Different selections such as Chinese, Indian, Italian, and Caribbean delights to choose from. Very good. I was shocked because I had anticipated having terrible food because of the other negative reviews. There was even a pizza parlor open all night on 10th floor! Food A+

The pool deck was always full but one could always find a chair. One thing you must do is try to catch the view from the pool deck...when the ship leaves the port, you got to get on the top deck...the experience was awesome! It's a must. Something about being on sea makes you feel so alive again.

I got to give a big thumbs up for the cruise director, he kept the party going! I can't believe the amount of energy this guy had. He knew all the dances to all the current club songs. OMG that in itself was great. I even learned a thing or too lol! His dance staff was also amped up. The 70s party was fun fun fun. The dj club party was also good. The Latin club had a very nice live band. I didn't go to any shows or games so I cant comment on them. Music/Clubs A+

The casino had a few jackpot winners, a cruise give away, and I got a free spin to try and win some big bucks. I didn't win anything there but it was fun. Yes the casino on the boat is small and got really hot and unbearable at times. I think due to the ventilation system. But all in all, if you are a gambler it serves the purpose while on board.

All of the staff works really hard. I cant say enough about how good I was treated from dealing with guest services to food staff. My room steward was the best. I never had to ask for anything. It was always done or replaced. No complaints with the staff. Staff Experience A+

We booked jet ski excursion and Atlantis water adventure excursion. I chickened out of the jet ski excursion when I got there but my b/f went on and had a blast. The private beach was so relaxing. The lunch was adequate...hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. We stayed on the beach for as long as we could. It so clean and no one there bothers you or your belongings. They even have beer/alcohol vendors on the beach so no need to go anywhere. Private Beach A+

The next day, We had to cancel the Atlantis aqua adventure cause we were too tired and slightly sun burned. We received a full refund:) So instead, we too a taxi to the Atlantis properties and played at the casino. Atlantis casino is huge and has all the games/slot machines that you are a costumed too.

Didn't win there either. We walked around Nassau at the shops close to the cruise ship terminal. Decided to eat on the boat instead.

The drinks on the ship were expensive $15 on up. Someone told us about the drink package on the last day. Something I would seriously consider next time.

Disembarkation-Crowded but controlled.Not too bad.Transportation was $50pp. We arrived at the FFL airport so fast that I had to arrange for an earlier flight. Easy breezy.

At the end of the trip, I realized that this short getaway was one of the best trips I ever had, seriously.

It was relaxing, no drama, good energy, very good service and great company makes us want to book this get away next year. We work hard for our money and value a decent vacation. All the the things that could be controlled such as food, staff experience, and entertainment/music clubs received an A+. It was such a very good vacation for us, that I decided to write a review. I actually felt compelled too because of all the other reviews that I have read in the past that actually helped me make a decision.

The Majesty is a great smaller ship with a great crew to include a young captain. The passengers on board varied from age to nationalities to economical status. It is not an overly flashy looking ship with pretentious passengers. Yep, it's an older ship but so what. If you want a new ship then pay the additional money and sail on it. However, this older ship serves its purpose..a quick QUALITY getaway to relax, lay on the beach, explore a few excursions, and have fun with family and friends in a safe fun environment. My b/f and I have already decided that we will be back next year to roll with the Majesty:)

Publication Date: 07/09/14