Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by cosmics: Not quite as I expected

Not quite as I expected

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

The embarkation was smooth for our 11 night Eastern Mediterranean cruise was fairly smooth yet port is a working container port so a little strange.

Pros;

We booked an inside stateroom by far the best inside stateroom of any cruise line this was the best. Our steward was very good and helpful and the room was kept very clean.

Food I found good on select dining always had table for 2 by window with lovely views wait staff attentive and polite.

Buffet food good bit rushed and chaotic on occasions due to Children running around.

Shore excursion we only did one ship arranged OK but costly.

Itinerary good

Some shows OK some not mixed bag

Cons

A very noisy ship if you like constant music loud around you bars and Atrium in particular was horrendous deafening to me on occasions this is the ship for you not for me.

The first night I woken at 12.45pm by loud bangs on the ceiling of our staterooms, I More reported this to Guest Relations who did look into to the matter it was the Spa staff moving equipment at 12.45pm

Always trying to sell you something our first night we were asked do we wish to buy Speciality restaurant meal we said no as we are happy with select dining to which the reply came ' well enjoy the long line, fine start.

Around the pool area wad hectic and not at all relaxing towels left here there and everywhere 'saving deck chairs etc' for hours and hours pool butlers did very little about 'saved' chairs. Of course plenty of music loud again.

Children there we alot 800 is my understanding I didn't expect this I must admit in June however other parts of the world are on school holidays I understand.They we noisy paying on lifts/elevators selecting the lift/elevators to stop on every floor because its 'fun' is it! Dont get me wrong I like children but running around all the time un-challenged.

Dress code don't expect any form of elegance on this cruise ship very informal even at dining time in restaurants

Would I go back don't think so shame really, could be so go but Celebrity want to be all things to all people but that does not always work for me it didn't. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Blue Mosque

(2)

Tour guide good didn't see Blue Mosque as Friday and closed in morning for Prayers.

Very busy place good architecture and mosques interesting visually.

Was hounded by every single store and market trader if they didn't do this they would be more successful as a result bought nothing to stressful

Grand Bazaar

(2)

massive.. interesting to see if left to browse in peace with you are not.

We were tendered to shore. Line we 2 hours for cable car,, didn't fancy Donkeys/mules very smelly or lone uphill walk.Got straight back on tender so saw nothing.