Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by life_dizzy: New Year's Wedding Cruise on Carnival Breeze

life_dizzy
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

New Year's Wedding Cruise on Carnival Breeze

Sail Date: December 2013

So, this is a bit late for my review of our New Year's cruise, but here goes. Overall, our experience was GREAT!! We are now addicted to cruising and want to go all the time! This was our first time cruising for my husband and myself. We got married through the help of Carnival on this cruise. We LOVED doing a New Year's celebration on the cruise as well...and not just because that was our wedding night haha. The holiday crowd was a lot of fun and a bit crazy at times, but it was a great experience and we would definitely spend the extra cash to do another New Year's one sometime.

We had heard both good and bad about the quality of Carnival online. We tried to keep an open mind with everything, given this was our first cruising experience. Ultimately, we did choose Carnival for price since we planned our wedding in about 3 months, and we had guests coming with us. We went through a travel agent to book everything, and there were no issues with cabins, dining assignments, More etc.

We enjoyed our cabin. Centrally located balcony on 7th deck...we felt like being in the middle of the ship (both front to back, and top to bottom), made it feel like it was rocking less than some of the other cabins on the lower and higher decks. Cabin stewards were friendly and we had no real complaints on the room.

We chose the early dining, but next time we decided we would prefer not to have a particular time set for dining...it always made us rush to get ready and having to plan all our on-board activities around it was not our favorite thing. However, we did enjoy meeting the people at the tables nearby and getting to know them, so that was a plus for an assigned dining. We were in the Blush dining room and we liked the dining room setup in ours better compared to the Sapphire one.

Most of the food was just "okay" in my personal opinion. I did not have high expectations going into it, since I am a vegetarian and knew options would be somewhat limited for me. I did not LOVE any food in particular except the homemade pasta at the specialty restaurant (which they did not have on the menu). However, my husband who loves all kinds of food thought it was all very acceptable, but not luxurious or anything. He was satisfied for the most part.

Cleanliness...I've heard some reviews that these ships can be pretty dirty, but I was actually very impressed at how fast the staff moved to remove drink cups, plates, etc from all areas of the ship. I always saw someone cleaning railings and the bathrooms also always seemed clean to me.

We booked all our excursions through Carnival, and enjoyed all of them and had no problems except the chaos getting to the one in Cozumel. Next time, I think we will skip the excursions and just enjoy the hours on the beaches and in the towns. Just a personal preference.

All in all, we LOVED our cruise! We honestly just don't have any particular Cons to mention, or negative things...from embarkation to debarkation, it was literally a "breeze" for us! We enjoyed our entire experience a lot.

WEDDING:

Everything wedding-wise with Carnival was awesome. They were helpful with any and all questions, and everything went wonderfully. Carnival uses on-shore companies that actually setup your sites and provide flowers, etc. We did have one hiccup with that site, but it was not a carnival issue, and it did not impact us negatively in the end. We got off the boat in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and got married on the beach, then returned to the boat for pictures. Our photographer was GREAT!! I ended up spending thousands in pictures and getting every one she took, because they were that good! Anyone looking to do a cruise wedding...don't think any more about it...just do it!! =)

*Keep in mind, that as with any other review, these are only OUR opinions, preferences, and experiences.

I hope this helps anyone looking to book on the Breeze, or on Carnival in general. We will definitely be a repeat customer to Carnival and the Breeze in the future! Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 7278

Cabin was great. We had no real complaints. Our stewards were friendly, and always kept the fresh towels coming. We were pretty close to the elevators, but was never bothered by noise in the hallways or by the elevators. The only complaint I guess was that the cabin steward would not take the items from the mini fridge so that we could use it...they said to just empty any contents under the table and put it back before we left. Not a huge deal, but I would have preferred if they took it out all together. The bed was nice, not luxurious, but it was good. One of the bedside lamps always had to be moved in order for the light on it to work. Overall, a great cabin!

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5)

Dolphin swim/encounter was a lot of fun. It's something we've always wanted to do, and my husband and I enjoyed it a lot. The only negative thing was that the organization getting TO the dolphin site was horrible. There were people from other ships trying to tell everyone else the wrong information, and it got pretty chaotic. But once we got to the Dolphin place, it was pretty organized and mostly laid back. Lots of fun, and we got a great (expensive) pics with the dolphin!

Snorkeling

(5)

We enjoyed the snorkeling a lot. It was absolutely beautiful in the Caymans and we want to live there now =)

Stingray Swim

(5)

We LOVED this excursion. It was a very relaxing day with the snorkeling and sting ray swim. We learned a lot about stingrays, and each got a picture holding one! It was our favorite thing on the cruise (next to our wedding of course!)

We got married in this port! Carnival drove us to the wedding site and back with no problems. However, I personally would not ever feel safe doing a private excursion here, but would probably do one that was booked through Carnival or another line. Since we got married here, we didn't really get a chance to see much other than the beach we were at. It was pretty at the beach though