Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by barbieci

Email: bzuz308@comcast.net
Cruise Date: February 2007
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: i
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
Legend of the Seas - Western Caribbean
We just returned from our cruise on the Legend on 2/17. Our embarkation was smooth sailing. We were on the ship by 11:30Am and we explored until we were allowed to our stateroom (1PM). I was initially disappointed with the Centrum lobby area. It was on the bland size and seems to be aging. The ship did appear clean but as I walked through I noted signs of aging on the pool deck furniture and lounge chairs and the general furnishings. The Windjammer buffet restaurant was very good and we were pleasantly surprised with the food taste and quality. The coffee throughout the ship was just not good. It was either muddy and strong or lacked taste. My dinner table was all in agreement about that. The Romeo and Juliet dining room was nice and the wait staff was very friendly. It was disappointing that our table of ten turned out the have 2-4 empty seats every night. The waiter was excellent but the assistant was not very good and we often needed water and bread. The food as just OK. The food was NEVER hot. It was warm and some nights it seemed dry. I got pasta with dried up sauce. The cod was tasteless and luke warm. The Prime rib was very dry. The appetizers were good and the deserts were excellent. But the main entrees were hit and miss. They are very small and my husband usually ordered 2 every night. I agree that many guest do not dress accordingly and the formal attire is not enforced.

The activities staff was great. Matilda is a doll. The ship needs to do a better job with enforcing the smoking policies. This was an issue. my biggest complaint was with the shore excursions that ran so late. I purposely booked shorter excursions so that I could still shop and see the Islands and they were always late because of tendering and getting off the ship on time. This was annoying as in Grand Cayman a 4-5 hour excursion ran 7.5 hours and we barely made it back to the ship on time. Overall, the cruise was enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and the shows were good. The cabin was very clean and larger than I expected. The showers are tiny. Your bathroom floor is flooded with water nightly. Our cabin steward was excellent. The ship is kept clean and the staff is always working to make it look nice. There was alot of great live music and entertainment for all folks at all different times.

Publication Date: 02/20/07
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review