Queen Victoria Cruise Review by wanderbabe: Disappointing trip

Disappointing trip

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Southampton

This was our second cruise on Queen Victoria, both in the Princess Grill. Our first trip to the Fjords was faultless on every level, apart from mislaying our luggage. This is why we came back.

This time on arrival at Dock 10 we were told to park and pay £5 for the privilege because we were early, then told "if you can afford this you can afford to pay for parking".

The menu in the Grills hadn't changed in over a year which was a disappointment and the food was not nearly so well presented or cooked as last trip. Pickled silver skin onions served with a chicken dish at dinner is not my idea of fine dining.

The staff appeared to be more interested in talking to each other than serving passengers in the Grills lounge. Sunbeds appeared to be at the discretion of the woman in charge and took some time to organise when they were requested, the deck service was also very poor.The shore excursions in St Petersburg were very disappointing and had we not visited More this city before we would have known nothing other than where to do designer shopping.

The illusion that it is mostly like minded travellers of 50 plus is wrong, we had a baby in a push chair at a black tie dinner and event. Not what we pay Grills prices for.

The embarkation and disembarkation procedures were a shambles and when we collected our car it was in a filthy condition, every vent blocked with debris, dead leaves and twigs.

When I arrived home Andrew Struthers send me a card congratulating me on my FIRST cruise with Cunard, they couldn't even get that right.

I could go on, and on..... All this has been put to Cunard but, to date, they have failed to respond within the ABTA required deadline of 28 days.

Will I be booking with them again?... what do you think? Less

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>