Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Cbgas: Cruised princess before very disappointed

Cbgas
Member Since 2014

Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Diamond Princess Asia Cruises

Cruised princess before very disappointed

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

We have cruised princess 4 times before. We went with our friends who have never cruised princess before they have cruised on other liners. We told them how good princess was but how wrong were we.

We left Singapore 5 hours late but we made up time. We went to Vietnam, Taiwan, hong kong and ended in japan.

We had trouble with the air conditioning that was the issue for leaving late. The next day the air condition working in half of the ship they said they have to do by zones.

The next day our cabin was still warm so I had to keep reporting the issue they sent a maint guy who kept leaving cards to say is fine. The control did not work was cool in the cabin if we had not been in it but after an hot was so stuffy. I ended speaking to the supervisor and he even came to outright cabin and said was fine which I knew wasn't as I could not control and also that my friends cabin was cooler and they did not have the temp to the bottom like ours was stuck. They kept More blaming me that I must keep changing the control.

We had to have the maintance guy come as the shower temp was stuck you could not change it.

They came said fixed it then the next day my husband had a shower and was nearly burnt as the water temp went boiling no matter where you turned the dile. The guy came back at 10.45t night it took an hour to fix. Normally I would not care but the next day we were at port early so was not impressed.

I have never known every day at the customer service desk there was a queue with nothing but problems a lot of unhappy people.

They had new staff as this cruise had just come from refurb and also was to over to japan to stay there.

It wAs like we were there as a transition cruise, they did not care about the passenger until more got on in hong kong. It was like we were not good enough.

There were things on the ship that were supposed to be open that we not. The Japanese spa and retreat not open till the next cruise.

The steward was very poor he blamed us for every wrong and all he said is I talk to my supervisor.

The sanctuary is great normally but they put the price up from $20 a day to $40 which is terrible and not worth it so the whole cruise wAs empty.

The food wAs good on the cruise most of the staff accept the passenger service and our steward were nice. They do nit gave a coffee shop just a machine at the bar.

The restaurant we Mainly japan inspired. The Italian we never tried as there was hardly any Italian on the menu. The steak rest was ok but nit that good to go back,

The shops were nice but the main issue was it wAs high end.

For a 30 million refurb would love to see where the money went.

It was a really disappointing time for us and also our friends that we had to talked up the cruise liner and for it to be that bad. They also had issues as well with there cabin.

It was like the ship was a lemon.

I did complain to princess and all they did was give us a $200 voucher towards a next cruise

No explanation. I will seriously have to think twice if I will. Go with them again.

We have booked another cruse with carnival cruises next May to the Bahamas we have been on there cruises 4 times before so looking forward to it. Less

Read more Diamond Princess cruise reviews >>