“Get out your wallet and put in your earplugs”
Cruise review of Celebrity Infinity

chumdiver Celebrity Infinity 2 Get out your wallet and put in your earplugs
chumdiver
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I have had 8 cruises and my wife has had over a dozen. We cruised on the Celebrity Infinity only because it was going to our ports of interest.  Overall, I was not pleased.

Although the ship was well maintained and the staff members we interacted with were exceptionally nice, several going beyond the call of duty to resolve some scheduling and excursion issues, I won't do this ship again.

Reason #1 to not go on this ship is the "Stars of the Infinity" and the productions. It seemed that not only had none of the lead singers ever heard the originals, their voices were totally unsuitable for the songs assigned. With the concept that more is better, the stage was often flooded with people who could not and would not sing together. If you do not have the range, do not insert falsettos into songs that never had them. I was not sure if the sound manager was trying to cover up the horrible singing with the WORST mixing ever or perhaps is a half deaf sadist. Admittedly, the orchestra and choreography were very good, but they could not save the show.

Everyone I asked seemed to have the same opinion except for one couple from Canada who thought the show was good. It was their first cruise.

NOTE: A Beatles tribute band that played after we visited Liverpool was the highlight of the cruise entertainment as people were dancing in the isles, verses when they used the isles to leave bad performances by the "Stars".

Reason #2 to not go on this ship is dining options. Dining in the main 'open' dining room was very good and our waiters were excellent and fun. There were 4 other dining options with up-charges ranging from $15 to $35 each per seating. Every other ship I have been on had a single specialty restaurant, which we normally visit, but we would have preferred additional regular dining options. My travel group did think the buffet was well done and especially enjoyed the ice cream bar and the pizza bar.

Reason #3 to not go on this ship is drink prices. We are a captive audience and I expect to pay more but $9 for a bottle of Newcastle or can of Guiness! We were sailing out of London around the Emerald Isles. My wife and I typically spend about $300+ in drinks on a 7 day cruise, but alcohol, and especially wine prices just hurt my feelings too much. We spent $27 at the bars on the ship and all the rest on shore. In context, I was buying $90 bottles of Scotch on shore so I am not a Bud Lite kind of guy. I was also not paying $6 for a liter of water to take on the excursions. Bring your own bottle.

I am sure we have been spoiled by being on much bigger ships and Disney cruises.

If you don't know any better, this cruse was OK.

Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7028
Cabin steward was wonderful!Room was seldom the right temperature and the TV was tiny.Having the stench of fuel for three hours one morning was not enjoyable.And this should be listed as a night owl room as we could hear the percussion from shows each night.
Published 07/08/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Infinity Review
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?