Norwegian Getaway 4

Cruise review of Norwegian Getaway

65trey56
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Took the family, kids and grandkids on a 7 day cruise aboard the Norwegian Getaway. No sense in even signing up for internet service, I did and the 1st 3 days could not get connected. Finally canceled the plan.

Signed up for a show and paid $25 per person, which included dinner. Dinner was so, so. The big problem is if you weren't in the front rows you couldn't see the stage. Who ever designed the room should of had elevated seating, many many complaints. The show was Illusionarium, a magician show. They did refund the money after complaining. Also unlike Royal Caribbean and Princess that let you take 2 bottles of wine on the cruise, they charged us $15 per bottle as we were getting on the ship as they x-ray all your bags. Been on 20 cruises and never had this happen before. Service people on the ship were very nice and helpful. Our room attendant was great. Food overall good. They definitely need to get their internet service fixed as I heard more people complaining than on More any other ship. Couldn't even get connected on their computers. The day we stopped in St. Maarten, I went into an internet cafe and for 1/10th the cost of what they charge on the Getaway I got the fastest connection ever. Less

Norwegian Getaway Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

The room was nice, except for the 2nd bed which was nothing more than a couch that they put covers on. Balcony smaller then most other ships I've been on but was still nice.

Published 07/08/14

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review

Norwegian Getaway Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?