Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Lauragent: Just a few

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Just a few

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Booked this ship as we did not want to sail on Norwegian with 4,000 passengers.

Food was great, cabins were great, most everthing was fine. We had total of 12 people with us including elderly parents and youngest was 6. So we thought this ship would be good for everyone. Instead of retyping, the followintg is a copy of what we wrote on our Summit Survey after our cruise when asked of any problems we had:

"Complaints:

The music. A girl on a synthesizer and a guy beating on a cow bell was torture. I know it was an issue with a lot of other travelers because it was a running joke that we talked about at various bars with different people. I even saw a guy go up to them and ask them to either play something different or please stop.

The music at the pool was horrible. It seemed that the DJ's were catering to the older crowd. Problem was, the older crowd wasn't at the pool. No top 40 or even popular dance songs were played. Just horrible DJ/music More choices.

Had a couple issues with your rules and enforcement of those rules.

I was told that I could not wear shorts at dinner in the main dining hall. Yet, I saw a girl with denim short shorts leaving the restaurant and was told that was OK because she is a girl. She was about 18 years old. I can understand wanting to maintain a respectable dining experience with a dress code but, there should be some consistency across the board with all diners. I found the short shorts unacceptable when trying to maintain some sort of dress code. I was told "she's a girl, she can wear what she wants". I find that laughable.

The pool rule's, no one under 18 allowed in the pool. My 16 year old was better behaved than the adults who were doing belly flops and flips into the pool. I don't expect him to swim in the 4' kiddie pool with 5 year old's. He was asked to leave the pool when sitting on the edge of the pool with his feet in the water. Well that was it. He didn't go swimming for the rest of the trip because he didn't want to be embarrassed by being asked to leave. If your security is so observant of who's in the pool, maybe they can observe and maintain a safe environment for everyone. Or at least, make it so kids can enjoy the pool with a parent.

I know that the rules are there to keep everyone or at least most everyone safe and happy. A lot of money is spent to take these trips and I was there with my whole family of 12. I was a little irritated by the broad spectrum of rules and who they apply to and who they don't apply to. I would think that the dining hall and security people should be able to use their discretion in these situations as they arise. If they can't, maybe more training is needed. The trip didn't have to be as stuffy as you all seemed to want to make it.

I'm sure these complaints wont mean much to you. But I feel better.

Thanks Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 8041

Clean, really no problems at all.