Costa Serena Cruise Review by Tricia278: Disappointment

Disappointment

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I was on a 7 day cruise. Destinations were very good. Cabin Staff and Bar Staff were excellent. My main concern is that the Costa Cruises took the amount from my MasterCard that I spent on the ship but after 10 days are still holding the exact amount spent as a pending amount. This means that I cannot access my own money. So basically they are holding onto my money for whatever reason I cannot understand. I travelled with 3 others people and they are holding pending amounts for them as well. I have sent 3 emails to their customer services and have not had a reply. I am being totally ignored. Facilities Breakfast every morning was exactly the same. Hot breakfasts i.e. eggs, bacon, were cold every morning. Plus queues to get food were unbelievable. Evening meal although 5 courses was sparse and of poor quality. Same soup every night but with a different name. The sun beds were less than a foot apart and the day the ship sailed all day there wasn't room for everyone to lie in the sun. More Where is my MONEY - Costa....

I would say that the destinations were fabulous i.e.

Fri 06 Jun BARCELONA 19:00

Sat 07 Jun MARSEILLE 09:00 17:00

Sun 08 Jun SAVONA 09:00 16:30

Mon 09 Jun CIVITAVECCHIA 09:00 23:59

Tue 10 Jun NAPOLI 13:00 19:00

Thu 12 Jun PALMA DE MALLORCA 09:00 23:59

Fri 13 Jun PALMA DE MALLORCA 00:01 01:00

Fri 13 Jun BARCELONA 13:00

We made our own travel arrangements from the ports and had plenty of time to enjoy our destinations before going back to ship.

Thank you for that Costa but unfortunately, you fell down very badly on breakfasts and evening meals. Plus the close proximity of sun-beds, and too many people on the ship to enable my friends and I to sunbathe. A few benches/chairs on the top decks would have been well received.

It has now been 17 days since I disembarked, some of my cash has been released but not all.

Summary: Cold bacon and eggs and any hot food - cold every morning.

Evening meal though well served was of poor quality

Sun beds too close and no space to move them to

Withholding money. Less