Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by muddatucka

Carnival Ecstasy
Member Name: muddatucka
Cruise Date: June 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Old faithful

I took two friends who hadn't cruised before to experience this type of vacation. I didn't choose Carnival, but because the Live Concert series was featuring Olivia Newton John...this was my choice. If not for her, I would not have chosen Carnival. The ship was old, not very clean. I waited over an hour for assistance to print flight boarding passes as their printer was jammed after wasting too much time on minute by minute internet time. They did, however refund that first 13 minutes of printing attempts because it was due to the printer. I wasted that hour where I could have been doing something more fun.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! They memorized our names on day one and used them to address us every time we saw them. The pool was very small, the hottubs were crowded...the Serenity deck was nice but lots of stairs to get to it. (My friends had difficulty walking them) The food in the Panarama deck was fair, the dining room provided very good meals, although our waiter lacked a 'helper' on the last day and busted his butt with not enough assistance while working up a sweat trying to accommodate all of us...KUDOS to him! There wasn't enough entertainment at the pool area compared to my first cruise.

I believe I detected bed bugs (I woke with many little bites for two of the nights there) in the bunk that fell from the wall to sleep on. Very hard to get into it (had to step onto the other bed to crawl up on it. Hit my head a couple of times!)

The casino area leading into the bar area was so inundated with cigarette smoke, that I had trouble breathing. While walking through there, the music was much too loud for the small area it was.

The way this ship is cut up, is difficult to find your way around. The elevators announced the floor as you reached it, but by the third day, it stated the wrong floors...older guests were exiting them very confused!

I will cruise again, but not on this ship.

Publication Date: 07/07/14