Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by MONIMORE

Member Name: MONIMORE
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
        13-15 4.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Alaska is amazing the Norwegian Pearl not so much

I want to start off my review by stating that this is only my second cruise. My first cruise was with Disney at it was an amazing experience. I hope my review helps so I will try to be brief.

Cabin...We stayed in an "Family" inside cabin. This cabin is in no way shape or form comfortable for a family of four. We are not big people and my children are 13 and 15 and it was extremely uncomfortable. Although we were able to sleep fine, unpacking was not possible. We had to live out of our suitcases for the 7 days. Getting ready was challenge every day.

Food...I would rate the food as below average. The buffets were basically the same every day and the quality of the food was not good. How can pizza taste so bad? We paid to eat at Cagney's, the Teppanyaki, and La Cucina. The food at the paid restaurants was very good...but the point of the cruise experience is not to pay extra to eat well.

Activities...the ship had many fun activities, however everything had a price. Since I have not been on many cruises is this the norm? I don't know... but bowling $7 per person, bingo $30, deal or no deal $20 a card, etc. So more charges to have fun. Kids arcade $1.50 per game...way too much I thought.

Overall...I would highly recommend visiting Alaska...I would not recommend Norwegian Pearl

Publication Date: 07/07/14