Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Rayjay12002: Typical Carnival Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Typical Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I booked a last minute cruise  and drove from Rhode Island to Manhattan to board the cruise. I parked in the lot right next to the cruise ship as it was most convenient but a little pricy at $320 for the (8) days. i could have save about $80 by parking elsewhere but at the end of the day it was worth the extra money.

I was in cabin #1347 and it was very convenient to the elevators and right on the corner of the bank of rooms so it was easy to find when walking the hallway from either end of the ship. The room was surprising quite considering it's location.

I have no complaints regarding this cruise, the ship, or it's staff. It was typical Carnival and everything was fine. It was a mid range cruise so I was not expecting the decor or amenities of another line or newer cruise ship.

The room was clean and tidy and the steward was pleasant.

The meals were good although some strange items like onion rings with the prime rib and the gravy was more More like from a can but i chalk that up to the chef not being familiar with US culture and tastes.

The comedy club was a nice addition and is packed every night. The comedian we picked up in Nassau was not great at all.

The highlight of the trip for me was Carnival's private island. The beach was post card picturesque. Everyone seemed to congregate at the entrance to the beach while only a couple of hundred yards down the beach it was empty and one can make it their own beach. The sand was perfectly soft and rock free. I may return to this destination just for the beach.

Embarkation was a little bit of a wait. I self disembarked and it was a piece of cake. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Riviera 1347

The cabin was o.k. and clean. It is time for Carnival to update it's decor though and get rid of the pink!! The on / off button on the television remote was tricky to use and once I got the television on for the day, I left it on until I went to bed as I was concerned about not being able to turn it on again.