“Poor service has us now looking at Disney”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas

ElementaryDad Enchantment of the Seas 3 Poor service has us now looking at Disney
ElementaryDad
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

GREAT:

Kids' club (Ocean Adventure) on the ship

GOOD:

Clean ship, visible captain, plenty of activities onboard and at Coco Cay, food both quality and variety at Windjammer and Solarium, casino

OK:

Food at My Fair Lay, the shows/entertainment were underwhelming

LACKING:

Kids' Club on Coco Cay was depressing, the soda dispensers were frequently out of order

POOR:

Two of our Samsonite rolling suitcases were broken. they tried to fix but had no spares to the broken off wheels. One suitcase never delivered to room, we had to find it at lost and found two hours later as the tag came off when they also broke the strap.

AWFUL:

(Caution for first time/haven't-cruised-in-awhile-passengers)

We were under the impression that the cruise was not over until we got back to Port Canaveral. The cruise director, Mitch, emphasized this repeatedly, "sleep when you get back to work, there's so much left to do." So when we checked in on the photo station at midnight on our last night, we were first surprised that we could no longer view photos. We did three separate shoots (formal night, coco cay, and a World Cup theme- cheer for USA ). Having three kids under the age of 9 it takes time, effort, and work to coordinate these activities; so when we were told that we missed our chance and there was no way to see them now it was a huge letdown. I wish one of the five photographers had mentioned the Sunday night deadline.

UNACCEPTABLE:

1)The person at the photo station was condescending. He on more than one occasion was laughing at us for coming so late and that we missed our chance. When we asked if we could come back in the morning, he laughed and said too late. When we asked if we could view online, he laughed and said no, file was wiped too late cruise is over. (We still did not disembark for eight hours...)

2) When we spoke to guest services the agent over the phone he was somewhat empathetic, but interrupted me asking if I could hold. He came back on the line roughly four minutes later and asked if there was anything else. I asked was I was on hold assuming he was looking into a resolution. He said another passenger was at his desk, that he was the only one there, and that I was not the only one he needed to help. Very bush league.

3) one of the Music facilitators (karaoke,dj, music trivia) throughout the three days incessantly mentioned this was his last cruise as he was heading back to Italy; and that guests should buy him presents at the shop. He would stop the show and ask passing female staffers to meet him once he got off work. He hit on one mom next to us during Michael Jackson trivia, she left a minute later. At first I thought this was a Borat-esque shtick but I'm convinced this was just a creepy exiting employee.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8074 & 8076
We had two adjoining staterooms with balconies. Plenty of space with door open. A little loud at night from the music on the pool deck, but would recommend 8074&8076.

Port

Kids club on Coco Cay was nothing more than a fenced in sand pit with minimal shade, breeze, shelter, or activities. We elected to keep kids (8,6,3) with us instead which changed our whole days plan. It was still fun, but we had been looking forward to adult time to waterski, Kayak, or parasail. Water was clear, water temp was beautiful, lots of seats in either sun or shade. Kids saw lots of fish and even a stingray. Area to eat was REALLY hot ... Kids were tired so we went back to ship to eat.

Read 583 CocoCay Reviews
Published 07/07/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Enchantment of the Seas Review
Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?