Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by danielleaudfroid: NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING!

danielleaudfroid
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING!

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our third cruise and by far, our favorite! We live in NB Canada and so we drove down to New York and then got on the ship. Everything went very smoothly. The ship is absolutely beautiful. There is so much to do and the itinerary is perfect. We had enough time to enjoy everything that the ship has to offer and we also had enough time to enjoy beautiful Bermuda. I do not understand how only 63% would recommend this cruise as we have been on other ships with higher ratings that were not this good. The staff were very friendly, the entertainment was nothing less of amazing, the food was delicious, and the activities were plentiful.

I have seen a few complaints about customer service but we thought everyone was great. Everyday, I was able to pin point staff members cleaning areas that are usually forgotten about, so needless to say, the ship is very clean. Each staff member would say hi with a big smile each and every time we saw one of them. They also greet you before More the buffet and seem to be eager to help. I saw one staff member come out from behind to help create a plate for a woman in a wheel chair. The ship is also very accessible for people in wheel chairs.

Although it is a big ship with a lot of people, it never felt too small for everyone. Like I said, there is just so much to do that there is space for everyone. I did not find the venues small and actually loved the fact that you had to reserve a seat to see certain shows. Of course these venues still fit hundreds of passengers and these shows are offered more than once throughout the week, so there is no reason you would not be able to see something if you really want to see it. We booked once on the cruise and we were able to see every show that we went downstairs to ask for, and we were able to reserve for the nights we wanted.

The food in the buffet is like any other food you would find at a buffet. I never have high expectations when it comes to these items but I was pleasantly surprised. This ship offers a huge selection of buffet food. We usually went to the bar and grill (deck 16) for breakfast where they make omelettes the way you want, the buffet for lunch, and then a dining room for supper. I had something different everyday in the dining room and thought it was absolutely delicious each and every time.

We also loved the fact that this cruise offers the flexibility of eating that the time you wish and at which ever dining room you desire. We thought that this was fantastic. We ate in a different dining room each night, ate at the pub one night, ate at one of the entertainment shows another and then back to our favorite dining room for our last night. The flexibility is awesome.

We had an amazing time aboard this ship and we are hoping to do this cruise again soon! Amazing ship, amazing itinerary, amazing port & all in all, amazing cruise vacation. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>