Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Kc9094: IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU CHOOSE CARNIVAL LIBERTY

Kc9094
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU CHOOSE CARNIVAL LIBERTY

Sail Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my first Carnival cruise. We cruised Royal Caribbean back in March.I enjoyed the cruise so much that my husband and I decided to treat our children to a cruise. We had 6 adults and three rooms in total. We choose Carnival because it was conducive to all of our work vacation requests. Although, we had fun in all the ports( Aruba, Curacao,Grand Turk), we were not so impressed with the ship and Carnival.We are great travelers. Not too picky, probably middle of the road. My family and I enjoy a variety of travels. Here were my concerns, none which are posted on a Carnival website...

I was so surprised that carnival allows smoking most everywhere. Since that the main areas of music and entertainment were on the 5th floor with the casino, we couldnt escape the smoke. Every lounge/bar we went to had smoking available. Putting smokers in one area did not keep the smoke away from those of us who try to avoid it. My family did not enjoy the music, entertainment or lounges on More the 5th floor because we just couldnt stand the smoke. I heard a passenger in an elevator even comment that a vision disabled person would always know they were on the 5th floor by the simple opening of the elevator door. The smoke odor would immediately welcome you to the area. The other areas (3rd floor) just didnt have activities sufficient to enjoy. Needless to say, we were back in our staterooms fairly early due to having "nothing to do".

Next, we had three cabins on the first floor. The rooms were warm. When I called, the a/c was checked and found to be within the carnival guidelines. When I asked about the guidelines, I was told by guest services that the rooms are to be in a range of 70-75. I was then told that my room was sufficient at 73.8 degrees. I proceeded to tell the staff that my family was uncomfortable and not sleeping. I was told that since the room was at the appropriate range for carnival, nothing would be done. I inquired as to why the carnival's website didnt inform cruisers that they wouldnt control their a/c. I was told nothing but that it was a carnival guideline. I am a pretty cool natured person. I wore a sweater at dinner every night. My family and I spent the entire cruise sleeping with not even an sheet. I could understand it if we wanted a room at 60 or even 65. I informed the staff I just wanted a 70-72. I was told that we were in the "range". Needless to say, we stayed warm with no additional efforts made to check on us any further.

Next, why in the world do you close the miniature golf and basketball areas at 5pm. We had little enough to do as it was. We would eat our early dinner and would have enjoyed a game of miniature golf as there was still daylight. Nope, no golf. We went by on the afternoon before we were depart the ship and got so excited when we saw people playing golf. We ran over to play and found that the poor people were locked in at 5pm. We had to call staff for them to unlock the doors. We all questioned as to if we could play,(the other players if they could finish their game) and were told no in a somewhat unfriendly manner.

Breakfast was always good. Not hard to mess up eggs and bacon. Lunch and dinner were mediocre. I am happy if I can get chicken, potatoes and a simple dessert. The food was very limited. Choices were just not available. Just dont expect too much and you'll be fine. I cant imagine if I was traveling with small children or a picky eater. They would be limited to guys burgers and fries.

The entertainment needs updating. On Royal Caribbean you can go to the website and see what shows are available. They are pretty updated. Carnival does not post shows on the website. You have little knowledge of the shows or what to expect. The daily itinerary would list the show name and time but no description. We would go to a show to find out that it was an outdated music event such as music from the 50's. (up up and away on my beautiful balloon was the only one I knew but it put me to sleep) Dont get me wrong, I enjoy variety, but the ship could really use a dance show, broadway show or music that caters all.

I can say that the wait staff, our steward, Adi and our deck attendant,Yasa, were amazing! They went out of their way to be friendly, attentive and engaging! They work so hard. I hope Carnival appreciates them!

I wish I could post a better review. I use trip advisor too. I can tell you that this is my first ever negative review. We are happy with good service/food/drinks/accommodations. I just feel cruisers need to know these little tipbits before choosing Carnival.

I was certainly surprised with my carnival experience.I plan to stay with Royal Caribbean which has yet to disappoint me. Cant say I will cruise with carnival again unless changes are made. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>