Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Spike153624

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Spike153624
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: Spike153624
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Solstice Alaska Cruise

Just returned from the Alaska cruise on the Solstice from Seattle. It was our first cruise and I would characterize it as OK. The food was good but not excellent, what I expected from a ship preparing thousands of meals three times a day. Port stops were very touristy but I enjoyed them. Shows on the ship were limited, hot and crowded so I did not bother. Gambling and drinking are not my pastimes, so I was bored on the ship. If you like to gamble and drink, cruise frequently. It is socially acceptable on a ship to pound down bloody marys at breakfast time and be drunk all day. Not for me and not enjoyable being around those who are. The cruise line makes sure there are plenty of opportunities to spend money.

We found excursions equal or better than the cruise offered excursions for a fraction of the money. The ship rocks back and forth constantly and I found it to be annoying. I did not get sick, just tired of rocking around all the time. I liked the lawn on the top deck. Probably our first and last cruise. I would compare the cruise to being held hostage in a floating hotel where you cannot get anything, even a bottle of water, without paying exorbitant prices. As I said, I liked the stops but did not enjoy the time on the ship.

Publication Date: 07/02/14