Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Spike153624: Solstice Alaska Cruise

Solstice Alaska Cruise

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Just returned from the Alaska cruise on the Solstice from Seattle. It was our first cruise and I would characterize it as OK. The food was good but not excellent, what I expected from a ship preparing thousands of meals three times a day. Port stops were very touristy but I enjoyed them. Shows on the ship were limited, hot and crowded so I did not bother. Gambling and drinking are not my pastimes, so I was bored on the ship. If you like to gamble and drink, cruise frequently. It is socially acceptable on a ship to pound down bloody marys at breakfast time and be drunk all day. Not for me and not enjoyable being around those who are. The cruise line makes sure there are plenty of opportunities to spend money.

We found excursions equal or better than the cruise offered excursions for a fraction of the money. The ship rocks back and forth constantly and I found it to be annoying. I did not get sick, just tired of rocking around all the time. I liked the lawn on the top deck. More Probably our first and last cruise. I would compare the cruise to being held hostage in a floating hotel where you cannot get anything, even a bottle of water, without paying exorbitant prices. As I said, I liked the stops but did not enjoy the time on the ship. Less

Published 07/02/14

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruises

Cabin review:

Room was clean and slightly larger than a jail cell. Bathroom was tiny. Thermostat had two settings, too cold and too hot. It was quiet and we slept well.

Spike153624
Member Since 2014
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X