Silver Shadow 5

jtm1
Member Since 2006
71 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Having read several negative reviews of Silver Shadow on this site, I approached the ship with some apprehension. Upon boarding, a process that took about 5 minutes, I soon discovered the Shadow to be the fine ship I remembered from my first Alaskan cruise on her 8 years ago.

Our suite was in spotless condition and everything was in perfect working order. It looked as if the carpet had been installed about a week ago. I know that is not the case, but it looked that good.

The public spaces were for the most part also in excellent condition, with only a few areas starting to show some wear; certainly nothing to cause concern there.

The service we had experienced on prior Silversea sailings was evident throughout our voyage. Within a couple of days it seemed that much of the staff knew our names. The smiling faces and pleasant greetings added to the overall experience.

We ate in all four restaurants and each has its own charm. We especially like the More Grill (formerly Hot Rocks) when the weather is cooperative and La Terrazza when it’s not. This was more of a La Terrazza cruise. Le Champagne has never disappointed us and this time was no exception.

I used MySilversea.com to make restaurant reservations, spa appointments and reserve shore excursions. The system was pretty easy to use and it worked perfectly. All our plans were confirmed once we boarded.

An Alaskan cruise is always subject to the weather and for the most part ours was not very good. Yet we saw the Mendenhall Glacier and, due to our Captain’s diligent navigation, had a very wonderful time seeing the Sawyer Glacier.

As our cruise came to an end we were absolutely delighted that we had been on this voyage, one that had truly exceeded our expectations.. Less

Silver Shadow Cruises to Alaska

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

722
A Silver Suite is a true luxury. I recommend it highly.

Published 07/02/14

Helpful? Thank jtm1
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Shadow Review

Silver Shadow Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?