Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by 8335GOULR: Missing the Liberty Again!

8335GOULR
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Southern Caribbean Cruises

Missing the Liberty Again!

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We had a wonderful time aboard the Liberty. We sailed on the Liberty last summer so it is easier to make comparisons to this sailing.

Cabin: We had a balcony mid-ship on Deck 7. I did not know to ask which side of the ship will face the ports-we were starboard. I didn't mind, but I will know to ask in the future. (I always thought it was the Captain's preference and was dictated by weather and port conditions.) We had the same cabin steward as last year (Dennis). He is very attentive to detail and looked after our every need. No complaints here. Not even a grumble.

Main Dining Room: I didn't mind the menu changes. I have to agree with an earlier review- there were some great hits and some real misses. Overall, high marks for the chef. I was disappointed with the dining room service as well. The food came out slowly, we had no bar service most of the week, and had to ask for water and tea way too often. The nightly waiter shows are gone. I didn't feel a bond to our More wait staff this time- a first for me. We had the 6 pm seating in the Silver Dining Room and left the dining room about 7:30 most nights. My observation is that the staff is still adjusting to the American Table changes and hasn't found a good rhythm. (Hope they figure it out before taking it fleet wide.)

Everyone at our dining table was a member of our Cruise Critic Roll Call.... the company was excellent so the wait was filled with plenty of happy cruise chatter. Definitely helped.

Entertainment Staff: I can't say enough great things about Cory Rogers, our cruise director. We remember him from the Fascination. To quote Cory "I can make anything fun". He didn't lie. Activities around the ship were always packed. He was always visible and very friendly. This cruise had 4 sea days- I was never bored. Great games and contests all week. Comedy Club was great fun. My jaw ached from laughing so much.

Special shout out: Look for Sam at the Red Frog Rum Bar. Best pool waiter on the ship!

Ports: All ports were new to us. No complaints about our activity choices. I spoke to several members of our roll call (all choosing different excursions). No bad reports there. Choose what you like and enjoy. Yes- most definitely- Margaritaville was expensive, but I didn't pay for an excursion that day, so I actually saved money using the free pool and beach.

I would sail this itinerary and this ship again (and again). Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Suite Empress 7279

Amazing the difference 90 square feet make! Lots of storage space to stow away our belongings. We didn't even use all the cabinets or shelves. Suites have a Jacuzzi tub. You must be able to step over the side of the tub to get into the shower. Plenty of room once your are in, but know the show is not a walk in. Loved the location- no noises from elevators or stairs.